Author Topic: Pitcher or Power Hitter?  (Read 2526 times)

Offline esoteric

Pitcher or Power Hitter?
« Topic Start: July 09, 2005, 11:00:20 PM »
Quote from: "Kenz aFan"
First, if the team starts losing, Franks *concerns* wont be worth a horses patoot. Second, any player acquired, he he a hitter or pitcher, would melt in to the comradeship and chemistry that the team has already, so again, that *concern* is horse hockey. Third, it would be nuts to think, no matter who was acquired, that they wouldn't be thrilled at coming to a contending and that would result in *added enthusiasm* being present in the locker room and on the bench, so again regarded those *concerns* poppycock. Fourth, the real reason Frank is *concerned* is that adding a player might mean he loses one or two of *his boys* (ie Willie or Willie Cordero). All Frank cares about is his *image*, hell say he's there to win, but he never showed that in the three years he was in Montreal, why all of a sudden does anyone think he's changed because he's in DC?

Hmm...I take it you're not a fan of Frank Robinson as manager.  Since it's been years and a lifetime's worth of change and maturity since last I saw him as manager (that would be with the O's circa '89-90), care to explain the intensity of your feeling here?  Or are we veering wildly off-topic?  Dunno if I want to create a thread devoted to bashing the manager; after all, this isn't a Red Sox message board.  :wink: