Author Topic: Gameday Thread: Nationals vs Cards, Game 2 (L)  (Read 17645 times)

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
    • http://nationalsnation.spaces.live.com/
Gameday Thread: Nationals vs Cards, Game 2 (L)
« Reply #25: August 27, 2005, 03:34:41 PM »
Can someone please explain to these guys that hitting is a fundamental peice of the mysterious game of baseball.   :roll:

Jason Marquis (0-7 since the All Star Break) is "spankin dat ass".

Izarkrane

« Reply #26: August 27, 2005, 03:35:19 PM »
The flaw in the Nationals' management thinking is this: They don't realize that the best way to build a future for the Nationals is to win games right in the here and now because that will attract the most expensive ownership deal.

Offline PC

« Reply #27: August 27, 2005, 03:44:53 PM »
This is, absolutely, the worst Nationals performance this season.

Two hits against this pitcher?  Two SINGLES at that!

He's pitched 8 full innings and his pitch count is 81.  If every one of our batters kept their bats on their shoulders and he threw nothing but strikes, his pitch count would be 72!!!!

He hadn't won a game in months and we gave him easy out after easy out after easy out.

I don't know if I can get over this loss.

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
« Reply #28: August 27, 2005, 03:48:13 PM »
Perfect ending to that game.  A impotent, whimpering squibber up the first base line by Jose Vidro.  They molested us so badly that the game ended too early and they have to fill-in time on FOX.   :?

Offline PC

« Reply #29: August 27, 2005, 03:48:44 PM »
...and he completes the game with a pitch count of 91.

Unbelievable.

Offline rileyn

« Reply #30: August 27, 2005, 03:49:53 PM »
What an absolutely embarassing clunker on national tv.

Izarkrane

« Reply #31: August 27, 2005, 03:53:04 PM »
This is actually a pattern with the Nationals. We often do poorly against middling pitchers.

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
« Reply #32: August 27, 2005, 03:54:44 PM »
...and to a pitcher who's team has won only once in his last 13 starts. All any slumping opposing pitcher needs to get out of his slump it seems, is to pitch at RFK.

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
« Reply #33: August 27, 2005, 03:56:10 PM »
Well feel sorry for the poor chaps that actually spent their hard-earned money for Nationals tickets hoping to see a game and instead ending up seeing St. Louis Cardinals doing batting and fielding practice.  Even when you LOSE you hope to have at least SOMETHING to cheer about during the 3 hours that you are there!  I mean you just had to sit there drink your beer...keep from falling asleep and watch the pigeons fly around the upper deck.  Sheesh...glad I didn't go to this one.

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
« Reply #34: August 27, 2005, 03:57:51 PM »
That never give up Frank spoke of on national TV this afternoon, is 100% non-existent. He lied through his teeth to safe his face. The fire that may have been there at one time is nothing more than a memory of long ago burnt out ember.

Offline rileyn

« Reply #35: August 27, 2005, 04:16:52 PM »
Quote from: "Senators2005"
Well feel sorry for the poor chaps that actually spent their hard-earned money for Nationals tickets hoping to see a game and instead ending up seeing St. Louis Cardinals doing batting and fielding practice.  Even when you LOSE you hope to have at least SOMETHING to cheer about during the 3 hours that you are there!  I mean you just had to sit there drink your beer...keep from falling asleep and watch the pigeons fly around the upper deck.  Sheesh...glad I didn't go to this one.

I was out there last night and I will be out there again on Sunday.  Book a win for the Nats tomorrow - we are 10-1 with rileyn in the house.