Author Topic: Affliliate Site:DC PRO SPORTS REPORT bans entry  (Read 2050 times)

Offline nats2playoffs

Affliliate Site:DC PRO SPORTS REPORT bans entry
« Topic Start: August 21, 2007, 12:42:26 PM »
From the WNFF Affliltate section:
But in any regard, please stop by and visit DC PRO SPORTS REPORT at www.dcprosportsreport.com

Whenever I click on that link, I get a page that is blank except for the phrase:

You Are Banned.

So if it's a phony site or a source of viruses, please get it off the Affliliates page.

Online The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
That's odd, it comes up normally for me.  Have you tried opening it in another browser or from another machine?

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
Site works fine for me. 

natsfan1a

It works for me with Netscape (I haven't switched browsers yet...)

Offline nats2playoffs

It works okay at home.  There is a firewall where I work that will not allow sites such as AOL verify things, which allows certain kinds of viruses to get it.

Online The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
I'm pretty sure they're not trying to give us viruses.  I wouldn't have given him affiliate status if that were the case  ;)

Offline nats2playoffs

I'm pretty sure they're not trying to give us viruses.  I wouldn't have given him affiliate status if that were the case  ;)

Somebody told me that if AOL gets an email with an attachment, AOL tries to verify something about the sender (to prevent spam or viruses contained in attachments), which stronger firewalls will prevent, because a possible way for some viruses to be planted.  If this affiliate is similarly trying to detect malicious incoming activity, they could be "banning" me at work because of the firewall at my end, thinking it's something other than what it really is.  That's the only thing I can think of, since I connected at home without a problem. 

natsfan1a

Great cartoon. My husband, the techie, is a big Dilbert fan!