Author Topic: Ny Penn league all star game live coverage  (Read 2110 times)

Hardball in DC

Ny Penn league all star game live coverage
« Topic Start: August 23, 2005, 10:24:09 AM »
Scratch Dee Brown and Michael Howell off of your list, both have been placed on the DL and are not likely to return to the lineup this season.

Brown, who broke a finger in his left hand while batting Saturday said Wednesday he was still honored to be considered among the 50 best players in the league.

"I'm definitely not going to be able to play," said Brown, a 10th-round draft choice this year.

"It was good news that I made it, but I wish I could participate in it," said Brown, who said doctors expect his left hand to be in a cast for about three weeks.

"I get it taken off and X-rayed again and go from there. I am done short-season (baseball)," said Brown, who was hitting .283 with eight home runs and 32 RBIs in 47 games.

Howell, who was examined in the nation's capital by team doctors for the Washington Nationals this week, is expected to miss the game, Knudsen said. How- ell could have shoulder surgery as early as today.

Howell might come back to Vermont or be sent to Florida for a rehab assignment, Knudsen said.