Author Topic: Gameday Thread: Nats vs. Mets, Game 4  (Read 6157 times)

Montcobaseball

Gameday Thread: Nats vs. Mets, Game 4
« Reply #50: July 07, 2005, 04:35:24 PM »
I hate to say it but this is not encouraging.  The balls that were being caught are now falling in.  Our line drives that were just out of reach are now being caught.  The momentum has changed all of a sudden but that's baseball.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #51: July 07, 2005, 04:36:27 PM »
Quote from: "Montcobaseball"
I hate to say it but this is not encouraging.  The balls that were being caught are now falling in.  Our line drives that were just out of reach are now being caught.  The momentum has changed all of a sudden but that's baseball.

I agree.  Let's just hope we can turn things around in Philly or it could be a very depressing all-star break.

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
« Reply #52: July 07, 2005, 04:46:15 PM »
Just imagine though, the Nats send their 15 cent lineup up against the Mets 3 dollar one and NY still needed 11 innings to beat us. Yes indeed, Mets fans can be very proud of what they got... And the rest of the teams can be just as thankful...

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
« Reply #53: July 07, 2005, 04:48:18 PM »
Better to find out now, which player have what it takes to help keep the Nats on top, than to find out in late August or September that they are useless as a wet paper bag.

Ryan Zimmerman

« Reply #54: July 07, 2005, 04:54:39 PM »
Kanza is right!!! Baerga was our 4th batter, Guillen wasn't in the lineup, Cepicky was also in the lineup...our lineup worthed like 10 cents.Vidro and Wilky were the best of the bunch.

So...no worries.When Church and Johnson are gonna be back...we'll do ok.

BUT WE NEED SOME POWER.....because from what I've heard, Nic and Ryan will comeback after the break and we'll play against the Philies it's gonna be important to win this series!

Offline JMW IV

• Name on the Front > Name on The Back
« Reply #55: July 07, 2005, 05:02:05 PM »
Frank Robinson must be trying to get fired.

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
« Reply #56: July 07, 2005, 10:43:56 PM »
Don't say that, you'll get me excited... and in the end, I'll be one very disappointed puppy when and if he doesn't....