Author Topic: Mike Hinckley  (Read 2150 times)

DelNatsFan

Mike Hinckley
« Topic Start: August 15, 2005, 09:47:56 PM »
Mike Hinckley pitched a great game Saturday night; Had an early jam but gutted it out and the offense picked him up the next inning with 5 runs.

He's the kind of kid you root for to make it big. He was great with fans before all the games here in Wilmington, myself included. He really went out of his way to make sure he took care of everyone as far as signing autographs  and really engaged us in conversation. I told him they're gonna love him in DC; really nice kid.

natslive

Mike Hinckley
« Reply #1: August 16, 2005, 09:43:20 PM »
we've talked to Mike a number of times and agree - he is a great guy....think he really enjoys that fan interaction, last night at Frederick talked to him about his arm - he said it was feeling good and has been pitching well...

natslive

Follow up
« Reply #2: August 21, 2005, 11:32:08 AM »
We got to see Mike Hinckley pitch at Frederick the other night and the numbers although bad could have been even worse. It was a battle between rehab pitchers and tonight Beau Hale won the prize and he dominated the P Nats.

Kory Casto made some good throws at third and Hinckley picked off two runners. I don?t know if a strategy of walking a batter to pick him off would be successful but may be worth a try.

Desmond is working how to take pitches and workng the count. It has been interesting watching him learn how to hit.

Before the game I though Mike said a short prayer on the mound or was going over the batters but he needed a lot more. Great guy who we hope can get back to his former self.

gozimm

Mike Hinckley
« Reply #3: May 10, 2006, 11:38:56 PM »
When is mike expected in the big leagues?

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
    • http://nationalsnation.spaces.live.com/
Mike Hinckley
« Reply #4: May 11, 2006, 01:34:27 AM »
Got a couple of pictures of Mike from Woodbridge on my web blog...

CHIP72

Mike Hinckley
« Reply #5: May 14, 2006, 09:57:32 AM »
Quote from: "gozimm"

Prior to the injuries that wrecked his 2005 season, he pitched well at Double A Harrisburg in 2004 and was looking at joining the Nationals late in the 2005 season.  Now he's probably looking at being a late 2007 call-up at the earliest IMO.

toonsterwu

Mike Hinckley
« Reply #6: May 19, 2006, 11:15:11 PM »
Quote from: "CHIP72"
Quote from: "gozimm"

Prior to the injuries that wrecked his 2005 season, he pitched well at Double A Harrisburg in 2004 and was looking at joining the Nationals late in the 2005 season.  Now he's probably looking at being a late 2007 call-up at the earliest IMO.

tomterp directed me over here from the Nats forum at MLB.

Anyhow, as for Hinckley, I think a lot depends on how he rebounds this year.  I think late 2007 is a best case scenario.  Right now, if you assume he goes through the whole year at A ball, with maybe a snippet at double A again at the end, he'd probably start 2007 at Harrisburg.  He'd have to light it up to reach.  I'm thinking 2008 will be his chance.

That said, if Kasten follows the Braves model, the kids could come up earlier than expected.