Author Topic: Following the Minor League Teams - 2024  (Read 457 times)

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
Following the Minor League Teams - 2024
« Topic Start: January 28, 2024, 11:16:10 AM »
He's probably not a prominent prospect, but in looking at Gavin Dugas's performance at A last year, i kind of wonder if he's the type of hitter that will show more when he starts facing pitchers who are more consistently around the plate than the guys he faced in Fredericksburg. While he only had 8 hits (2 HR) in 50 ABs, he had 7 walks with 9 HBPs and ended up with a .364 OBP. He also had 18 Ks, but I wonder how many of those were called strike 3s that he refused to swing at because they were really balls (rather than swing and misses). That over half his PAs ending without a ball in play. The HBPs make him sound like Coach from Cheers.

What was his rep for his batting eye at LSU? I know he was a senior and a cheap sign, but maybe there's more of an eye and a good batting approach than pops out from that .160 average. .200 BABIP seems odd with 25% LDs and only 40% FBs.

Edit = 2017-2023 Thread for follow the minor league teams - https://www.wnff.net/index.php?topic=35047.0

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
Re: Re: Following the Minor League Teams
« Reply #1: January 28, 2024, 01:07:44 PM »
Iirc he wasn’t even an everyday player at Potomac. Hopefully he gets more of a chance in 2024

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2: January 28, 2024, 02:01:52 PM »
Iirc he wasn’t even an everyday player at Potomac. Hopefully he gets more of a chance in 2024
2d base was a bit of a mix at F-Burg last year after the draft.  Sammy Infante and Courtland Lawson got the most playing time before moving up after July. After that, Marcus Brown 9 games after the draft when not playing SS, John McHenry played some, Zion Pettigrew, along with Dugas for 13 games, and a few other guys.

Offline imref

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5: February 18, 2024, 05:08:01 PM »
https://www.mlb.com/nationals/news/nationals-prospects-discuss-mlb-spring-breakout

March 14-17, all MLB teams are playing prospects vs prospects games. The Nats will face the Mets on 3/15 as part of a double header with the MLB teams. Player selection is 3/7.

Offline imref

Offline Natsinpwc

Re: Following the Minor League Teams - 2024
« Reply #7: April 02, 2024, 03:21:47 PM »
Rochester rained out today. 

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8: April 04, 2024, 11:25:39 AM »
Todd Boss at Nationals Arm Race (pedant in me wants to drop "'s" after Nationals) has a nice discussion of all the minor league assignments. One thing Todd notes is that, for the first time in a long time, the AAA rotation is made up of all prospects developed, acquired as a prospect, or traded for - Rutledge, Herz, Parker, Ward, Adon. OK, Ward and Adon technically aren't rookie eligible, but there's no 30+ year old Espinos or Wily Peraltas trying to hang on by sitting in AAA on a bad team. Same is true in AA.

https://www.nationalsarmrace.com/?p=18421#comments

The other thing he picks up on are some log jams in the upper minors, such as 2d/SS/3d in Rochester with 5 guys for 3 spots. Will get even more complicated once / if House earns a promotion to AAA. OF looks a little logjammed too as he says, with Call and Young in the minors and the stack in AA pushing Lile down to A+ while De La Rosa is in West Palm rehabbing. I've got a feeling the latter will work out over the summer with injuries at  MLB. There's no way Alex Call blocks Dylan Crews or Robert Hassell when they are ready for AAA.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9: April 14, 2024, 03:59:18 PM »
A note on Farm board organization - i'm stickying a lot of the non-FTP threads at the top of the board to make them easier to find. The bulk of the the reads in the farm are FTP. There's an index thread to locate most of the current prospect threads indexed to make it easy to locate the player. I figure this may be an easier way to navigate around the Farm and post.

We might do a "not a prospect" index, too.

so far, there's a 2024 draft thread, system ratings, minor league info links, and a thread for each full season farm team stickied. post here if there are others that should be stickied, like maybe international players.

Offline imref

« Reply #10: April 14, 2024, 04:15:17 PM »
JCA, could you pin / unlock the FredNats thread?

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11: April 14, 2024, 04:28:20 PM »
JCA, could you pin / unlock the FredNats thread?
sloppy on my part

Offline imref

« Reply #12: July 18, 2024, 09:47:42 PM »
FCL wraps up on July 25. I assume there will be a lot of cuts / moves to make room for the keepers.