Author Topic: Scanfred: Face scanning ramping up in MLB?  (Read 320 times)

Offline Five Banners

Scanfred: Face scanning ramping up in MLB?
« Topic Start: August 20, 2023, 12:40:32 AM »
Gotta love the FAQ section assurances given MLB’s history in matters of transparency and integrity…

https://www.mlb.com/phillies/ballpark/information/go-ahead-entry

“How is the information that MLB collects secure?”

“The security, integrity, and confidentiality of your information are extremely important to us. We have implemented technical, administrative, and physical security measures designed to protect fan information from unauthorized access, disclosure, use, and modification that follow or exceed industry standards for security. We regularly review our security procedures and evaluate applicable new technology to keep our methods up to date and in compliance with state law.”

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
Re: Scanfred: Face scanning ramping up in MLB?
« Reply #1: August 20, 2023, 07:09:27 AM »
I would expect this at all sporting events, and any other event with large crowds.

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #2: August 20, 2023, 08:49:50 AM »
I would expect this at all sporting events, and any other event with large crowds.

I expect a class action in a state that strictly regulates collection of information and data for minors on behalf of a kid

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #3: August 20, 2023, 10:06:26 AM »
I expect a class action in a state that strictly regulates collection of information and data for minors on behalf of a kid
Looks voluntary to me. Like with your phone. You don’t have to use the face recognition.

Offline English Natsie

• It's baseball, Jim, but not as we know it...
« Reply #4: August 20, 2023, 12:35:21 PM »
Much easier to carry a sign to show to the camera - 'yes - it is me again..'   ;)

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #5: August 20, 2023, 01:07:08 PM »
Looks voluntary to me. Like with your phone. You don’t have to use the face recognition.

For now

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/12/22/nyregion/madison-square-garden-facial-recognition.html