Author Topic: Rendon grabs a fan  (Read 1898 times)

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
Re: Rendon grabs a fan
« Reply #25: April 01, 2023, 05:51:41 PM »

Just like Mr. Rogers before it all ended in a blaze of gunfire

:lmao:

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #26: April 01, 2023, 06:27:21 PM »
The Angels just put up an 11-run inning against Chokeland, so maybe this was the spark they were missing. :lol:

Offline English Natsie

• It's baseball, Jim, but not as we know it...
« Reply #27: April 02, 2023, 06:48:36 AM »
He has a bright future - in English soccer... ;)

Offline welch

• The Sweetest Right Handed Swing in 1950s Baseball
« Reply #28: April 02, 2023, 08:56:25 AM »
What did Rendon say when he finally spoke to the press yesterday?

“Probably the most embarrassing outing of my career,” Loup said. “… I was out there pitching scared, like a little b—-.”

That came just minutes after Angels third baseman Anthony Rendon grabbed a fan’s shirt and swiped at him for calling Rendon something similar to what Loup called himself.

Rendon didn’t have the same accountability on Saturday — declining comment on every question asked of him before he walked away chuckling to himself.

(From The Athletic. Loup had blown the Thursday game in Oakland.)

How did Rendon manage to play in Philadelphia all those years?

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #29: April 02, 2023, 10:04:26 AM »

it probably helped that when he was playing in Philly and NY, his team was usually winning so he got the last laugh.

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #30: April 02, 2023, 10:37:26 AM »

I guess he's going scorched earth on the back half of his career and hoping everyone will remember how he played here.

Now that fans know they can get to him, I expect him to hear a lot worse for the rest of his career

Exactement.  AL West fans on reddit are already trying to coordinate "nag" chants the next time the Angels visit their home stadiums.

Online Natsinpwc

« Reply #31: April 02, 2023, 02:40:59 PM »
Must be an American League fan thing. Come back to the NL Tony where things are civilized.

https://nypost.com/2022/04/23/guardians-rip-yankees-fans-after-altercation-worst-fan-base/

Offline machpost

« Reply #32: April 03, 2023, 08:44:13 AM »
The Angels visit Yankee Stadium in just about two weeks.

« Reply #33: April 03, 2023, 11:16:31 AM »
YOU NEVER TOUCH THE FANS. It's literally a Golden Rule. You never do it; no matter how obnoxious a fan gets. And all this over trash talk? The Nats certainly haven't started the season with a bang, but I'm glad we don't have to deal with this.

Offline Senatorswin

« Reply #34: April 03, 2023, 12:28:01 PM »
The Angels visit Yankee Stadium in just about two weeks.

He might be suspended when the Angels go to Yankee Stadium but I'll have to get out my popcorn when Tony Two-bags visits stadiums. Fortunately for him he doesn't have to go to Duke University.

Offline nfotiu

« Reply #35: April 03, 2023, 12:42:57 PM »
YOU NEVER TOUCH THE FANS. It's literally a Golden Rule. You never do it; no matter how obnoxious a fan gets. And all this over trash talk? The Nats certainly haven't started the season with a bang, but I'm glad we don't have to deal with this.
Agreed.

Unless more comes out, the trash talk seemed awfully tame if he was just calling a nag.

Online Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
« Reply #36: April 03, 2023, 09:46:09 PM »
Five games

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #37: April 03, 2023, 09:55:04 PM »
Five games
he makes about $235K per game, so that's nearly $1.175 million in forgone income.

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #38: April 03, 2023, 11:42:08 PM »
Reduced to four games

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #39: April 03, 2023, 11:48:39 PM »
Laynce Nix was able to issue a thunderous fart that the first 5 rows of hecklers at OPACY couldn't possibly mistake over the stadium noise.  Rendon just doesn't have the chops.

Offline Dave in Fairfax

« Reply #40: April 04, 2023, 01:12:04 PM »
Mutual apologies from Rendon and the fan.

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #41: April 04, 2023, 05:48:42 PM »
I'm sure no money was exchanged.
Mutual apologies from Rendon and the fan.

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #42: April 04, 2023, 10:05:19 PM »
Laynce Nix was able to issue a thunderous fart that the first 5 rows of hecklers at OPACY couldn't possibly mistake over the stadium noise.  Rendon just doesn't have the chops.

:hysterical: Dude was always an afterthought for me, but that just made him one of my favorites ever to don the curly W.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #43: April 05, 2023, 09:35:11 AM »
:hysterical: Dude was always an afterthought for me, but that just made him one of my favorites ever to don the curly W.

Alright I have to know what this is about.

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #44: April 05, 2023, 02:50:56 PM »
I mean, I'm just going off of Ali's post but it sounds like some Woes fans in the front rows were heckling Nix and he decided to clap back at them by releasing an atomic fart?

Which, if true, is exactly the kind of response obnoxious, likely-drunk Woes fans deserve.

Offline Senatorswin

« Reply #45: April 08, 2023, 09:29:25 PM »
Tony two-bags got his first hit of the season tonight in his first at-bat. Single to right.

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #46: April 12, 2023, 03:18:34 PM »
https://www.latimes.com/sports/angels/story/2023-04-12/anthony-rendon-angels-fan-altercation-washington-nationals

“I don’t know what it was,” Rendon said. “It just got to me, for whatever reason. I don’t know. Whether it’s just the grind of the last handful of years, just being through so much stuff. I don’t know.”

Rendon’s decision to grab the man by his shirt produced a four-game suspension after an appeal. He said he spoke with the fan after the incident and they apologized to each other. He noted he’s enjoyed bantering with fans over the years and that won’t change.

For most players, the squabble would’ve been just a bad decision. For Rendon, it represented the latest snag since signing his $245-million contract with the Angels in December 2019 — a list that includes two surgeries for himself and one for his wife, Amanda, while parenting four children during a pandemic in a new home.

“It’s just a lot of stuff that’s happened over the last four years,” Rendon said. “It just compounded one way or another. I was actually talking to my wife about it. Like, ‘Man, we’ve been through a lot of crap.’ I’m one to hold it in and maybe that was the moment that made me explode for whatever reason and it sucks.”

Online HalfSmokes

Online Natsinpwc

« Reply #48: April 12, 2023, 04:28:01 PM »
He had to parent children in a mansion, poor guy. He and Ellen should commiserate
The top tax rate in CA is hard on the millionaires.

Offline welch

• The Sweetest Right Handed Swing in 1950s Baseball
« Reply #49: April 12, 2023, 05:40:51 PM »
Gray should have hit him in the head.

Of course, Rendon should have signed with the Nats in 2019. He has been fouled up ever since.