Author Topic: Rendon grabs a fan  (Read 2008 times)

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
Re: Rendon grabs a fan
« Reply #25: April 12, 2023, 03:18:34 PM »
https://www.latimes.com/sports/angels/story/2023-04-12/anthony-rendon-angels-fan-altercation-washington-nationals

“I don’t know what it was,” Rendon said. “It just got to me, for whatever reason. I don’t know. Whether it’s just the grind of the last handful of years, just being through so much stuff. I don’t know.”

Rendon’s decision to grab the man by his shirt produced a four-game suspension after an appeal. He said he spoke with the fan after the incident and they apologized to each other. He noted he’s enjoyed bantering with fans over the years and that won’t change.

For most players, the squabble would’ve been just a bad decision. For Rendon, it represented the latest snag since signing his $245-million contract with the Angels in December 2019 — a list that includes two surgeries for himself and one for his wife, Amanda, while parenting four children during a pandemic in a new home.

“It’s just a lot of stuff that’s happened over the last four years,” Rendon said. “It just compounded one way or another. I was actually talking to my wife about it. Like, ‘Man, we’ve been through a lot of crap.’ I’m one to hold it in and maybe that was the moment that made me explode for whatever reason and it sucks.”