Author Topic: Rocket City Trash Pandas  (Read 606 times)

Offline Count Walewski

Re: Rocket City Trash Pandas
« Reply #25: April 09, 2023, 08:41:11 AM »
Literally the first thing I thought of when I saw that box score was "well, there's already a trash pandas thread at WNFF for us to discuss this in"

Offline wj73

« Reply #26: April 09, 2023, 04:56:56 PM »
Literally the first thing I thought of when I saw that box score was "well, there's already a trash pandas thread at WNFF for us to discuss this in"

I had the exact same first thought!

Here’s a 90 second summary of the game: [size=78%]https://twitter.com/pitchingninja/status/1645036218487275521?s=46&t=bx7WUJvgQfzft5MhiAPOkA[/size]

Offline Elvir Ovcina

« Reply #27: April 10, 2023, 11:09:47 AM »
Threw a no hitter and lost

(Image removed from quote.)

I'm a little bitter, because if my au pair hadn't crashed one of our cars (yes, first world problems), I would've been at that game.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession

Offline Elvir Ovcina

« Reply #29: April 10, 2023, 03:14:44 PM »
https://blogs.fangraphs.com/weve-inspected-rocket-city-inside-and-outside-no-gods-or-angels-were-found/

A tribute that, sadly, Elvir will not read.

Lies.  Elvir will read anything Trash Pandas related, whether handwritten on toilet paper or not.  And that's from someone who is a plan-holder of the team they played against in that legendary contest.

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
« Reply #30: April 10, 2023, 08:11:27 PM »
I thought we were all boycotting FG because they stole zdk'd article

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?

« Reply #32: April 19, 2023, 07:57:51 AM »
the NC in Wilmington was falling apart when we were there about 10 years ago. They were talking about scrapping it because the foundation that owns it didn't have the money for repairs.

I was in Wilmington this past summer (first visit in 13 years after living in Wilmington for about 5 years) and did a tour of the North Carolina. I don't know anything about them thinking of closing it down, but when I went in July everything was up, running and the ship was gorgeous. They even did have one part of the ship sectioned off because they were doing preservation and repairs.