Author Topic: Are The Nationals in Spring Training?  (Read 2351 times)

Offline HalfSmokes

Re: Are The Nationals in Spring Training?
« Reply #50: March 10, 2023, 05:07:01 PM »
Sure. I'm not saying this year they are likely to be much better than that.  But the original post of yours to which I responded was:Your post talked about multiple years and the Lerner legacy, to which I replied that their actions since 2021 trade deadline do not indicate a lack of plan to get this team interesting and better.
You replied , which is a reply about their overall approach, not just 2023.  That's an assumption that their  actions will not result in ultimate success, and I replied it's just as likely that they will have some surprisingly good outcomes as every move plays out with top prospects and players missing reasonable expectations for development.

My assumption is that our farm isn't really any better than anyone else's and that anyone in the low minors is a crapshoot. They've stripped the major league product as bare as they possibly can and are trying to sell a rebuild. That worked really well before, but we had a few things going for us. First, we had generational talent in the minors and second the team was new enough that you could believe that once they got good, they would try to stay competitive. Now you've got a situation that resembles the Marlins after their runs