Author Topic: Washington Commanders - get used to it (2023)  (Read 9494 times)

Online HalfSmokes

Barry Farms is gone now, no?

The projects are gone, but the neighborhood is still there

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
Keeping in mind that it might not be milk.

Next owner will need to deep clean the whole place.  Wipe everything down with bleach. Also check for spilled milk.

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
Keeping in mind that it might not be milk.

then they really need the bleach, and maybe some penicillin.

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
SOLD! https://www.sportico.com/business/team-sales/2023/josh-harris-com-1234698114/

Josh Harris leads the group, Mitchell Rales and Magic Johnson are involved as well.

Harris owns the Devils and 76rs

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
Sooooo happy for all the Skins fans here!!!

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
SOLD! https://www.sportico.com/business/team-sales/2023/josh-harris-com-1234698114/

Josh Harris leads the group, Mitchell Rales and Magic Johnson are involved as well.

You'll be hearing "trust the process" as they field cruddy teams for 3 years as they accumulate high picks and luck into one that can play.

Offline Five Banners

https://moco360.media/2015/07/06/bethesda-interview-josh-harris-mark-ein/

Were you both big fans of D.C.’s teams growing up?

Harris: I went to the opening of the Capital Centre in 1973. My dad and I walked through a ravine because the parking lot wasn’t quite finished, and my dad fell and hurt his rib. We were original season-ticket holders. It was great for me that we had our own team. And growing up in Washington, you were a Redskins fan.

Ein: Like Josh, I grew up rooting for the Redskins and the Bullets, but I was also a ball kid at the Evening Star summer tennis tournament.

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
You'll be hearing "trust the process" as they field cruddy teams for 3 years as they accumulate high picks and luck into one that can play.

I assume the Commanders will be trading for Ben Simmons

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
I assume the Commanders will be trading for Ben Simmons
what is the NFL equivalent of Ben Simmons? A 6' 7" 340 pound defensive end who runs a 4.4 40, benches 350 lbs, and is unable to wrap up a qb when he pass rushes?

Online Natsinpwc

Don’t forget Harris let the league force him to fire Hinkle and hire the Colangelo spawn. Basically traded Tatum for Fultz.  And would probably still be there but for the burner phone incident.

An improvement on Danny Boy though.

Online HalfSmokes

what is the NFL equivalent of Ben Simmons? A 6' 7" 340 pound defensive end who runs a 4.4 40, benches 350 lbs, and is unable to wrap up a qb when he pass rushes?

https://www.nfl.com/players/chase-young/

Online Natsinpwc

The Lerners must be pissed that a dysfunctional NFL team can get bids of $6 billion but they can’t get the $3 billion they want.

Online welch

• The Sweetest Right Handed Swing in 1950s Baseball
SOLD!!!!! The long National (Football League) nightmare in Washington is OVER! HTTR!

With anyone who was a member of The Hogs Net, a great message board until too many of us gave up hope that Snyder would ever do anything human, I say:

:gunz:

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
SOLD!!!!! The long National (Football League) nightmare in Washington is OVER! HTTR!

With anyone who was a member of The Hogs Net, a great message board until too many of us gave up hope that Snyder would ever do anything human, I say:

:gunz:
link? It's not on the Post site yet.

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
link? It's not on the Post site yet.

https://www.sportico.com/business/team-sales/2023/josh-harris-com-1234698114/

Verbal agreement. 6 billion.

Like this is good, but the fundamental issue of not having a franchise QB still casts a dark shadow over the franchise

Online HalfSmokes

https://www.sportico.com/business/team-sales/2023/josh-harris-com-1234698114/

Verbal agreement. 6 billion.

Like this is good, but the fundamental issue of not having a franchise QB still casts a dark shadow over the franchise

That’s not a multi decade problem, Snyder was

Online Natsinpwc

That’s not a multi decade problem, Snyder was
In the end the issue is whether he can find the right football guy or guys to run the team and then stay out of the way. No guaranteed success but let’s face it. Snyder had the opposite of the Midas touch. As an Eagles fan I would have preferred he keep the team. The Eagles have a solid record since Lurie bought the team.  Steady ownership is important.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
I'm so glad I lived long enough to see this. I'm only hyperbolizing a little.

I put my fandom for this team on hiatus when they signed Deion Sanders back in 2000. I just thought it was the ultimate douche move to bring in a Cowboy like that and one that literally did nothing for the team. I had a feeling it was the beginning of a long, dark age for the team and holy smokes, did I hit the nail on the head with that one.

Now that it looks like the nightmare is over, I might renew my interest.

Online HalfSmokes

I'm so glad I lived long enough to see this. I'm only hyperbolizing a little.

It’s not hyperbole for me. Snyder is older than me, but has billionaire healthcare and a deal with the devil, so I wholly expected him to outlast me

Offline 1995hoo

Forgive my cynicism, but I'll believe it when the sale is actually finalized and not when the media say "sources report an agreement in principle." People are acting like the team has already been sold.

Offline machpost

How has this guy's stewardship of the 76ers and the Devils been so far? I mean, most NFL owners are horrible people, but some are worse than others.

Online Natsinpwc

How has this guy's stewardship of the 76ers and the Devils been so far? I mean, most NFL owners are horrible people, but some are worse than others.
Sixers can’t get past round two despite Embiid.  Has gone through 4 GMs I believe including one moron forced on him by the league because of the fallout from tanking.  They are better than when he took over. Devils are a talented young team on the rise.  Not sure if he hired the GM or not. Have made some good draft picks and signings.

Online HalfSmokes

Sixers can’t get past round two despite Embiid.  Has gone through 4 GMs I believe including one moron forced on him by the league because of the fallout from tanking.  They are better than when he took over. Devils are a talented young team on the rise.  Not sure if he hired the GM or not. Have made some good draft picks and signings.

Compared to local ownership, he’s Joe Lacob.

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on