Author Topic: MLB TV 2023  (Read 1358 times)

Offline machpost

Re: MLB TV 2023
« Reply #25: March 06, 2023, 11:42:23 AM »
My rep confirmed it will be a Nats Plus perk again this year.

Did you get the activation email this year? Our ticket rep is claiming that it should've been sent out weeks ago, but my wife, whose email is the primary for our SPH account, can't find the email, and our rep is not being helpful.

Offline catocony

« Reply #26: March 08, 2023, 05:51:12 PM »
I got an email this morning that it will be a T-Mobile perk again this year, for activation between March 28th and April 3rd.  Party of the weekly Tuesdays promos.  Not bad, a free year.  Well, 11 months.

Offline machpost

« Reply #27: March 09, 2023, 08:09:01 AM »
Ultimately our ticket rep came through, and emailed a new code. I'm looking forward to this year's addition of minor league games.

Offline rugbyflanker

• OllllllO
« Reply #28: March 10, 2023, 09:15:59 PM »
Not sure what changed a year ago, but the VPN I used the previous year no longer worked.  I cancelled MLB.tv because I could no longer spoof my location well enough. Maybe because I was using ROKU and not a laptop?  VPN product recommendation?

Unlocator "smart dns" has worked well for years...

https://unlocator.com/smart-dns/

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #29: March 16, 2023, 08:10:32 AM »
I was using a similar service. I think the problem is watching on ROKU, or on a Chromebook which does extra things to verify your location. I'm going to try again this year though.

Offline nobleisthyname

« Reply #30: March 16, 2023, 08:44:06 AM »
My problem is I much prefer Charlie and Dave over Carp and whoever the new color guy is. I know in the past MLB TV has given you the option to watch the video feed with the radio audio synced up, but whenever I would use some sort of VPN to get around the blackouts it was impossible to keep them in sync. I'm not sure if that is due to the VPN or just MLB TV sucking in general but it's enough of an issue that I don't feel like jumping through hoops to get around the blackouts. I've been exclusively a radio listener for over a decade now and have never had a cable subscription.

Offline machpost

« Reply #31: March 16, 2023, 08:54:23 AM »
My problem is I much prefer Charlie and Dave over Carp and whoever the new color guy is.
I wish it were easier to sync up the radio guys to the TV. Do we know if Kevin Frandsen will be back this season? The one MASN-produced Nats spring training game I got to watch had Kolko in that role. They really need to stop using him as a sub. I like him as a sideline reporter, but he just was not cut out for color commentary and play by play.

Also, I wonder if Carp is planning on taking practically every other week off this season, as he has over the past few. That's just weird. I can't think of another play by play guy under 80 years old for a major league sport who takes so many vacation days.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #32: March 16, 2023, 10:24:01 AM »
They said Frandsen would be doing the next broadcast and Kolko was just filling in.  Nice to hear Bob. I'd like his thoughts on March Madness.

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #33: March 16, 2023, 10:32:17 AM »
They said Frandsen would be doing the next broadcast and Kolko was just filling in.  Nice to hear Bob. I'd like his thoughts on March Madness.
He’s picking Missouri and Creighton no doubt.

Online CowherPower

« Reply #34: April 02, 2023, 03:11:16 PM »
I think the problem is watching on ROKU, or on a Chromebook which does extra things to verify your location. I'm going to try again this year though.

Any luck getting the Nats game to work on Roku?  I use SmartDNSProxy and I can watch the game on my computer (in Chrome, but not Firefox).  But I have not had any luck getting the game up on either Roku or FireTV this year.  I have my DNS configured at the router level, so all devices in the house should be using my faked location, but MLB.TV on Roku and FireTV still refuses to show me the Nats game.

Guess I'll have to watch in Chrome and maybe cast my screen to my TV.

Offline 1995hoo

« Reply #35: April 02, 2023, 05:21:03 PM »

That’s what I used for several years. It usually worked pretty well, although some days it would just randomly fail and MLB.tv would tell me I was subject to a blackout. I also found it works better with an Apple TV than it does with any sort of Amazon Fire TV device—the latter will require you to download the Unlocator app and run it before you run the MLB app, and that in turn degrades the performance—sometimes the picture was worse than it was on an old low-def TV.

Ultimately the biggest problem I had was that it interfered with some other services my wife likes, and it just got to the point where having to reconfigure everything twice a day was too much of a hassle.

Offline weeble

« Reply #36: April 03, 2023, 08:03:48 AM »
Try using a proxy host outside of the United States ... even better outside of North America.  That's what fixed my issues.  It shouldn't be that way, but ...

Offline metssuck

• Werth on a roll!!!!
« Reply #37: April 03, 2023, 06:40:10 PM »
If you’re with T-Mobile, mlb.tv is free for the year but you have to redeem the offer by April 4th through the T-Mobile Tuesday’s app

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #38: April 03, 2023, 09:14:28 PM »
I read somewhere that Roku uses Google DNS servers no matter how you connect. Somehow, it knows where you really are. SmartDNSProxy stopped working for me two years ago. :(  I wouldn't be surprised if Amazon was doing something similar with Firestick - spoofing runs against What's best for them.

I can get it to work on my phone, and I'm betting it would work fine on a PC.

We only have one PC in the house. Needs to be available for my wife.  Charlie and Dave for me again. Well, I do have an old Chromebook I might try to boot with a Linux distribution.

Any luck getting the Nats game to work on Roku?  I use SmartDNSProxy and I can watch the game on my computer (in Chrome, but not Firefox).  But I have not had any luck getting the game up on either Roku or FireTV this year.  I have my DNS configured at the router level, so all devices in the house should be using my faked location, but MLB.TV on Roku and FireTV still refuses to show me the Nats game.

Guess I'll have to watch in Chrome and maybe cast my screen to my TV.

Online CowherPower

« Reply #39: April 16, 2023, 01:57:02 PM »
I read somewhere that Roku uses Google DNS servers no matter how you connect. Somehow, it knows where you really are. SmartDNSProxy stopped working for me two years ago. :(  I wouldn't be surprised if Amazon was doing something similar with Firestick - spoofing runs against What's best for them.

Looks like the Roku problem magically went away.  For the last week I've been able to watch all Nats games on Roku.  I'm not sure why it wasn't working at the start of the season.  The whole time I've had my router set up with the SmartDNSProxy settings that tell MLB.TV that I'm in Germany.  Anyway, it's working now, so I'm a happy camper.

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #40: April 16, 2023, 02:06:31 PM »
Looks like the Roku problem magically went away.  For the last week I've been able to watch all Nats games on Roku.  I'm not sure why it wasn't working at the start of the season.  The whole time I've had my router set up with the SmartDNSProxy settings that tell MLB.TV that I'm in Germany.  Anyway, it's working now, so I'm a happy camper.
I have not had any issues for Roku in Orlando this year. I have noticed that the Fox Sports app thinks I am in Miami based on the NFL games I get. Maybe MLB tv does not like Germans?