Author Topic: Spring Training 2023  (Read 14007 times)

Offline welch

• The Sweetest Right Handed Swing in 1950s Baseball
Re: Spring Training 2023
« Reply #175: March 01, 2023, 08:33:24 AM »
Zuckerman reports that Doolittle has temporally stopped throwing, but he has not suffered an injury.

Sean Doolittle reported for spring training at full strength, and he joined his Nationals teammates as a full participant through the first week-plus of camp. He started thinking about making the Opening Day roster, completing his recovery from surgery to repair a torn elbow ligament in near-record time.

That’s when the team’s medical staff stepped in and questioned if the veteran left-hander should be pushing himself to that extent. And after some consultation, they came to the conclusion it wasn’t worth it.

That’s why Doolittle has been ramped down for the moment. He’s not throwing a ball this week, focusing instead on strengthening exercises. He doesn’t know exactly when he’ll start ramping up again, but he insists none of this was precipitated by any kind of setback.

“Nothing specifically happened,” he said. “I think when we started to look at what it was going to take to ramp up, and where I was at, I was ahead of schedule probably by almost a month. I did have some days when I was a little more sore than I had been throwing in the offseason. Nothing bad, but we started thinking about it. We’re so far ahead, let’s slow it down a little bit.”

https://www.masnsports.com/blog/doolittle-taking-it-slow-may-not-be-ready-for-opening-day?fbclid=IwAR16uG23Mr0gktO2DjVcaKDy0FQ8B0apttIBOB4P67tltQUT6dVYxbrESNI