Author Topic: Most Liked and Disliked Teams  (Read 873 times)

Offline Senatorswin

Re: Most Liked and Disliked Teams
« Topic Start: December 20, 2022, 12:51:05 PM »
I saw an article today that said what I was thinking but didn't know if I should go there. That call on McLaren Monday night smells of corruption. With the explosion of gambling going on when something like happens a person has to wonder. In the video it looks like McLaren asks the ref if he was lined up okay (he later verified this). The ref seems to signal he's okay. While the ball is being snapped the ref reaches for his flag. An article this morning says this is a very bad look for the NFL.

It's not just the NFL. For years sports tried to stay away from gambling for this very reason. Whether there were shenanigans in this situation or not, with the tons of gambling going around, it's not a stretch to think one of the many NFL and NBA refs and MLB umpires might want to get a piece of the huge pie the players are getting. It already happened in the NBA. Calls like this will, and should be, questioned as far as legitimate. Pro sports wants to reap the benefits of gambling they'll have to suffer the consequences also.