Author Topic: How would you feel if the Phillies win it all this year  (Read 2913 times)

Offline Senatorswin

Give me Bruce Bochy or Terry Francona for a world series title.

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
Give me Bruce Bochy or Terry Francona for a world series title.

Bochy only in even years.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
2016 & 17 were extremely talented teams in their primes.  1st round knockouts were :smh:  I think Dusty advances 7 times out of 10 with those teams. I still can barely fathom the meltdown with Scherzer on the mound in relief.  I don't think there was a wrong move.  I mean, that rally I think had every way a runner could get to first (dropped strikes, catcher's interference, etc...).  the only real criticism was the rulebook error by the ump that the manager should have insisted go to NY for consultation. I forget whether we were out of challenges or what.

Offline Senatorswin

I've never wanted a team to lose in the world series more than this years Phillies. I've also been hard on Harper since he left DC. But I have to admit when it counts the most Harper comes through. Since reading more about the time he was a free agent I think he would of signed with the Nats if they had matched the Phillies offer. I think he's matured over the years and you've gotta respect a guy who plays like he has through these playoffs. I still want the Phillies to get smoked tonight.

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
2016 & 17 were extremely talented teams in their primes.  1st round knockouts were :smh:  I think Dusty advances 7 times out of 10 with those teams. I still can barely fathom the meltdown with Scherzer on the mound in relief.  I don't think there was a wrong move.  I mean, that rally I think had every way a runner could get to first (dropped strikes, catcher's interference, etc...).  the only real criticism was the rulebook error by the ump that the manager should have insisted go to NY for consultation. I forget whether we were out of challenges or what.

Dude decided to bring in Sammy Solis in a meaningful situation. Dusty advanced 0 out a billion times

Offline miller10

Philly Union lose the MLS title game on a miracle last 2nd goal by 10-man LAFC that tied it up and bottled the penalties on the same day the Phillies lose the world series. I am here for it.

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
Rough day for Philly. That’s too bad

Offline Senatorswin

One good thing about the Phillies losing this world series is I don't see that team going back to the world series anytime soon.

Offline Duke of Earl

the only real criticism was the rulebook error by the ump that the manager should have insisted go to NY for consultation. I forget whether we were out of challenges or what.
No, we were not out of challenges, and in fact I don't think it requires a challenge to insist on consulting NY.

Offline Natsinpwc

One good thing about the Phillies losing this world series is I don't see that team going back to the world series anytime soon.
Mets in 2023. Braves in 2024. Marlins in 2025.

Offline Chelsea_Phil

After a bit of reflection, I am happy that the Phillies lost and that Dusty got a ring (and Trey Mancini).  The Phillies are just from a shi—te city.  When the Philadelphia Union lost the MLS final due in part to a last second goal by Gareth Bale of the LA team, that made me happy as well.

Offline Mattionals

After a bit of reflection, I am happy that the Phillies lost and that Dusty got a ring (and Trey Mancini).  The Phillies are just from a shi—te city.  When the Philadelphia Union lost the MLS final due in part to a last second goal by Garett Bale of the LA team, that made me happy as well.

You can complain about the fans, but Philly is a great city.

Offline HalfSmokes

I'm happy to see Harper still not get a ring. Hopefully the trend holds

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.

Lol

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
I'm happy to see Harper still not get a ring. Hopefully the trend holds
So bitter lol I wanted him to get one but am happy that at least Dusty did.

Offline Chelsea_Phil

I suppose so, if you like rats.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
they slice them up and throw them over whiz on a grill.

Online Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
Or ratatouille in the French Quarter

Offline Natsinpwc

they slice them up and throw them over whiz on a grill.
Wit or witout?

Offline HondoKillebrew

So bitter lol I wanted him to get one but am happy that at least Dusty did.

Happy for Dusty.  I don't root specifically for or against Harper getting a ring, but I don't root for Philly to get one. 

Offline Mattionals

Hey, at least Philly smells less like pee than it used to! Must be those rats are potty trained.

Offline blue911

Philadelphia, the pee smell isn’t as bad. Sounds like a marketing slogan

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
Philadelphia, the pee smell isn’t as bad. Sounds like a marketing slogan

Reminds me of this

Online Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
No way the Chamber of Commerce could have come up with anything that good 

Offline Mattionals

Reminds me of this

Yea, I was just in Cleveland. Pretty perfect summary.