Author Topic: How would you feel if the Phillies win it all this year  (Read 2981 times)

Offline Chelsea_Phil

I would not be happy at all.  I suppose it would be better than the Mets winning it all, but not by much.

Offline HalfSmokes

Less bad than a couple of years ago. The Lerner’s benign neglect has me caring less over all

Online Five Banners

They are what’s necessary to keep the Asterisks from winning. If the Trotz experience wasn’t educating enough for Ted, maybe the Nats letting Kevin Long go reportedly because he had the temerity to ask for a multiyear deal will help.

Online Natsinpwc

Offline Chelsea_Phil

I suppose it would be the slightly lesser of two evils, so I am better now.

Offline DPMOmaha

I don't like either of these teams to win, but now of them is going to, so it is what it is...

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
I honestly didn't know how I'd feel until I was watching the game.  I like Kyle Tucker, so was really happy, but I found myself pulling for JTR, Schwarber etc.  My only negative about the Phillies will be dealing with their fans.  As for the *s, as long as Altuve and Bregman flop, I don't mind them so much.

I'm basically enjoying watching some good players and villains. Sort of like pro wrestling.

Offline Vega

• Party’s Over
Cheating is way worse than obnoxious fans plus I don’t hate Harper so the Phillies are the clear good guys to me.

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
Cheating is way worse than obnoxious fans plus I don’t hate Harper so the Phillies are the clear good guys to me.
Obnoxious fans are only a problem if your team can't sell tickets on its own.  The price we pay here for the bad times. 

Oh, next year is the Red Sox season in town - T 8/15 - Th 8/17.  NYY are away.  May not be a bad year or timing for the Red Sox series if you don't like their fans.  They figure to be down in their division, and mid-week is rough to travel.  They'll only have me and other locals, so it probably will not even sell out. weekend Mets and Phillies figure to be the biggest out of town draws, plus Soto. 

Online Five Banners

Obnoxious fans are only a problem if your team can't sell tickets on its own.  The price we pay here for the bad times. 

Back to O’Malley / Kasten / Feffer land

Offline Elvir Ovcina

I'd feel fine. They've been the least bad alternative for two full rounds of playoffs now.

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
It's sort of like having to choose between ISIL and the Khmer Rouge.  Perhaps a slight negation of negation with Schwarber in the mix.

Offline English Natsie

• It's baseball, Jim, but not as we know it...
Hmm...Houston Cheetinbastaads v Phiilies. That's a tough one - why don't we go for something easier, like a proposition from Wittgenstein?... :lol:

Online Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2024
Pretty much a shoulder shrug. Had the Nats not won it all in 2019, I’d be angry.

Offline blue911

Schwarber and Harper are great to watch hit.

Offline Senatorswin

I can't stand all Philadelphia sports because of their fans.

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
Schwarber and Harper are great to watch hit.
Alvarez is a nice take in too

Offline wj73

I will never forget, nor can I forgive, that year when the Phillies fans ruined OD. As I used to tell my boss when requesting that day off, Opening Day is a Holy Day of Obligation in the Church of Baseball. (My boss worshipped at the Church of the Steelers, so she got the concept.) Opening Day is something I look forward to all winter. And the Phillies fans ruined that day. Very hard to forget or forgive.

But I hate the cheating ass misogynistic Astros too. I love Dusty, but the Astros??

Think I’ll just sit this one out. 

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
I'm pretty sure that's the only time I left a game in the 7th inning.  Miserable experience. 
I will never forget, nor can I forgive, that year when the Phillies fans ruined OD. As I used to tell my boss when requesting that day off, Opening Day is a Holy Day of Obligation in the Church of Baseball. (My boss worshipped at the Church of the Steelers, so she got the concept.) Opening Day is something I look forward to all winter. And the Phillies fans ruined that day. Very hard to forget or forgive.

But I hate the cheating ass misogynistic Astros too. I love Dusty, but the Astros??

Think I’ll just sit this one out. 

Offline Senatorswin

One time my son and I were taking the subway to opening day and the Nats were playing the Phillies. There were Philly fans on the train being their usual obnoxious self. One of them asked me what stop they get out for the stadium. I told them three stops too early. Unfortunately one of them knew the proper stop and told everybody. I got an earful from some lady the rest of the trip.

Offline Duke of Earl

I'll feel awful if the Phillies win, but really, the damage is already done - they won the NL pennant.  My long range hope was that the Phillies would not win a pennant while Harper is on the team.

At the beginning of the playoffs, my hope was that the Dodgers, Mets, Astros, Padres, and Phillies would all be eliminated early. 

(I like the Yankees and Braves. As for the Yankees, I am not a Yankee fan but I like them for personal reasons I won't go into. As for the Braves,  much as everyone here seems to hate them, I can't seem to. I think they are a class organization.)

Anyway, I quickly realized that it would be impossible for all those teams to be quickly eliminated, and  I really wanted, intensely,  the Dodgers and Mets gone.  I got my wish so I'm happy.

I'm rooting for the Astros, as despicable as they are, for two reasons: one, so Philly loses; (2) for Dusty.

Offline Chelsea_Phil

Do explain why you like the Yankees , are you a New Yawker?

I can’t stand them , but their current team is not nearly as despicable as their teams of the past.

Offline welch

• The Sweetest Right Handed Swing in 1950s Baseball
Do explain why you like the Yankees , are you a New Yawker?

I can’t stand them , but their current team is not nearly as despicable as their teams of the past.

I landed in New York just after Labor Day, 1969, and continued to root for the Senators. As I had since about 1952 or '53, and as had my dad and my granddad. Baltimore was the enemy we hated. The trans-planted Browns. When MLB Shorted DC, I swore off baseball -- HTTR -- until the Mets made that comeback in '73. From then on, cheered for whichever NY team was respectable. Around 1987, I was standing on the train platform outside Shea, with my son, wearing a replica 1963 Senators hat. That was the first year of the curly-W, a red W on a blue hat with red seams. A guy pointed to my hat and said, "Washington Senators. I was Brooklyn Dodgers. They did bad to both of us".

In the Joe Torre '90s, my daughter became a devoted Yankee fan, so I did too. Then MLB snatched the Expos, gutted them, and dropped what was left back in DC / RFK Stadium. "Doing Expo fans bad". The New Nats. Still, it was delicious to watch the 2009 Yankees take down the mighty Phillies and their bottom-sludge fans. (Recent Yankee teams play a boring, unwatchable, style of baseball. Wait for the home run.)

Feeling still stands: Philly fans are the worst.

However, Astros are evil, except for Dusty. I want him to win the World Series.