Author Topic: How would you feel if the Phillies win it all this year  (Read 3016 times)

Offline welch

• The Sweetest Right Handed Swing in 1950s Baseball
Do explain why you like the Yankees , are you a New Yawker?

I can’t stand them , but their current team is not nearly as despicable as their teams of the past.

I landed in New York just after Labor Day, 1969, and continued to root for the Senators. As I had since about 1952 or '53, and as had my dad and my granddad. Baltimore was the enemy we hated. The trans-planted Browns. When MLB Shorted DC, I swore off baseball -- HTTR -- until the Mets made that comeback in '73. From then on, cheered for whichever NY team was respectable. Around 1987, I was standing on the train platform outside Shea, with my son, wearing a replica 1963 Senators hat. That was the first year of the curly-W, a red W on a blue hat with red seams. A guy pointed to my hat and said, "Washington Senators. I was Brooklyn Dodgers. They did bad to both of us".

In the Joe Torre '90s, my daughter became a devoted Yankee fan, so I did too. Then MLB snatched the Expos, gutted them, and dropped what was left back in DC / RFK Stadium. "Doing Expo fans bad". The New Nats. Still, it was delicious to watch the 2009 Yankees take down the mighty Phillies and their bottom-sludge fans. (Recent Yankee teams play a boring, unwatchable, style of baseball. Wait for the home run.)

Feeling still stands: Philly fans are the worst.

However, Astros are evil, except for Dusty. I want him to win the World Series.