Author Topic: Nationals @ Mets, Game 3  (Read 2642 times)

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
Re: Nationals @ Mets, Game 3
« Reply #50: October 06, 2022, 09:32:35 AM »
And so our 2022 Nationals leap into joint 5th spot for most single-season losses since 2010... :roll:

Baltimore  115  (2018)
Detroit       114  (2019)
Houston     111  (2013)
Arizona / Baltimore  110  (2021)
Houston  107  (2012)   Nationals (2022)

Mets booth crew - 'I know - lets nominate Vogelbach as the Pinch Runner?...'  So cruel... :hysterical:

Interesting company.  I'd have to go back and check their subsequent drafts and waiver / rule 5 activity, but arguably the Houston dive and the Baltimore dive helped them build strong teams, but the Arizona and Detroit dives did not pay off. 

For the Nats, rock-bottoming has less of a payoff in terms of the draft because of the new draft rules.  I think Baltimore took advantage of waiver position to build its bullpen.  Worth a look. 

Offline Elvir Ovcina

Re: Nationals @ Mets, Game 3
« Reply #51: October 06, 2022, 01:43:49 PM »
Interesting company.  I'd have to go back and check their subsequent drafts and waiver / rule 5 activity, but arguably the Houston dive and the Baltimore dive helped them build strong teams, but the Arizona and Detroit dives did not pay off. 

For the Nats, rock-bottoming has less of a payoff in terms of the draft because of the new draft rules.  I think Baltimore took advantage of waiver position to build its bullpen.  Worth a look.

Houston and Baltimore had smart people in charge who drafted well.

Detroit didn't, and Arizona doesn't.

Which is Rizzo?  Well, I'm not Fedde optimistic.