Author Topic: Premature in season speculation about next year's roster  (Read 4950 times)

Offline Natsinpwc

I don't want to be too harsh, but has the writer of that article ever watched a baseball game? 

Like using one defensive stat source for one season (don't worry, things like Baseball Reference cut heavily the other way) to suggest that a 30-year-old Brandon Nimmo would be an upgrade on defense over Robles.  Um, what?

Like moving Garcia, who doesn't hit enough to play corner OF, to LF - to make room for Abrams, who can play SS but isn't hitting, to play 2B?

Like pointing out that Dansby Swanson only made $10 million this year as if he's not going to make at least twice that next season?

Like suggesting adding a #1 starter and then...Fedde as the #2?

I'm just...huh?  I understand that this article was about the up-the-middle positions, but I'm still totally baffled.  If Abrams doesn't play SS, he should be in CF, not 2B.  Garcia should never, ever, ever play corner OF.  As a corner OF, he is not a major league caliber player.
The one that got me was Fedde adding a change up.  I mean what has he been waiting for.