Author Topic: Boras  (Read 1751 times)

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
Re: Boras
« Reply #25: August 04, 2022, 10:35:35 AM »
I know the guy does the best by his clients, but I don’t care about that. It’s awful having a team that’s so full of his clients. Why do such a high percentage of our stars have him as representation? It’s not just because he has all the elite talent. One of the reason the braves will be competitive for years is because their stars aren’t represented by him.
And it would be one thing if there was a two way street, but the only time it seems we get a break are with contracts no one else would have signed anyway (second Strasburg extension, Wieters [spit]).

So why are we in bed with him so much? Or is it just in my head?

Edit: I realize this is whining.

Boras represents a lot of top name guys so we have to deal with him, but he's been adamant that he won't let his clients sign the kinds of deals that Atlanta is using to lock up their young players. He's been highly critical of those deals, referring to them as snuff contracts - https://mlb.nbcsports.com/2019/04/07/scott-boras-calls-young-players-contract-extensions-snuff-contracts/

So long as that's his position, and we aren't going to overpay for FAs, we're going to keep losing guys who use him as an agent.

Ruiz is next up, FA in 2028, Boras client.