Author Topic: MacKenzie Gore Vidal Sassoon  (Read 7331 times)

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
MacKenzie Gore Vidal Sassoon
« Topic Start: August 02, 2022, 06:14:04 PM »
injury update via thenatsreport.com

On the Grant and Danny Radio show, SP MacKenzie Gore stated that he viewed the elbow injury he suffered a couple days ago as minor, though he set no time table for return. Gore said that they would likely be able to give a better assessment in a couple weeks. When healthy this year, Gore has been decent with a 4.50 ERA, and a FIP at around 4, while striking out a batter an inning. Once he returns from injury, he will likely slot in between Josiah Gray and (hopefully) Cade Cavalli as another bright young piece in the rotation.

Offline UMDNats

Re: MacKenzie "Don't call me Al" Gore
« Reply #1: August 02, 2022, 06:14:43 PM »
Klaw mapped it out but there's a pretty clear moment in time where he started pitching injured. Before that he was electric.

Offline Duke of Earl

« Reply #2: August 02, 2022, 06:26:08 PM »
Or, "Don't call me Leslie".

Offline English Natsie

• It's baseball, Jim, but not as we know it...
« Reply #3: August 02, 2022, 06:31:26 PM »
Vidal?... ;)

Online imref

« Reply #4: August 02, 2022, 06:32:29 PM »
Vidal?... ;)

Ever see the Ali G show where Cohen interviewed Gore Vidal and thought he was Vidal Sassoon?  He kept asking him questions about hair care.

Offline English Natsie

• It's baseball, Jim, but not as we know it...
« Reply #5: August 02, 2022, 06:41:42 PM »
Ever see the Ali G show

And a big-up to the WNFF Massive... ;)

Online imref

« Reply #6: August 02, 2022, 07:04:39 PM »

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
« Reply #7: August 02, 2022, 07:08:26 PM »
Its good that he arrives here with an injury.  Dont have to waste time waiting to put him on the IL.

Anyway, Im calling it now. Bust. He got lucky early in the season. He's  already had injuries and had to totally revamp his delivery, which has now resulted in an elbow injury. Gonna be perpetually coming back from an injury

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
« Reply #8: August 02, 2022, 07:14:23 PM »
Klaw

Gore is on the injured list and is probably done for 2022, which is a shame given how far he’d come and how well he pitched to start this season. After about two years of mechanical trouble that led to a lot of wildness and some decline in the quality of his curveball, Gore streamlined his delivery to try to reduce how far down he’d drop his pitching hand in back, with a shorter arm action now that he can repeat far more easily, resulting in more and better strikes. After his June 4 start, his ninth appearance of the season, Gore had a 1.50 ERA (and 2.20 FIP), with a 30 percent strikeout rate and 9 percent walk rate, while sitting 94-96 mph with a four-pitch mix, including a curve and changeup that were above-average offerings. I don’t know exactly when his elbow started bothering him, but his velocity started to dip in that start, gradually declining until it bottomed out in his final outing on July 24, after which he hit the injured list. His results in the last seven outings of his season were atrocious, with an 11.05 ERA, more walks than strikeouts, and six homers allowed in 22 innings. I am more than willing to bet that he was pitching hurt, or at least with discomfort, in that period given the decline in stuff and performance – and I’m sure the Nats are thinking the same thing.

Offline Slateman

« Reply #9: August 02, 2022, 07:25:43 PM »
How well he pitched to start the season :lmao:

6th percentile in exit velo
8th in hard hit percentage
7th percentile in chase rate

B-U-S-T

Offline NationalHeat

« Reply #10: August 02, 2022, 09:11:42 PM »
Slate is going to make this a miserable rebuild :lol

Offline Slateman

« Reply #11: August 02, 2022, 09:12:17 PM »
Slate is going to make this a miserable rebuild :lol
There is no rebuild. There is simply trading guys close to free agency

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
« Reply #12: August 02, 2022, 09:16:29 PM »
Slate is going to make this a miserable

What else is new?

Online imref

Re: MacKenzie Gore Vidal Sassoon
« Reply #13: August 02, 2022, 09:43:19 PM »
And a big-up to the WNFF Massive... ;)

Had to change the thread title

Offline BigMacFan

« Reply #14: August 02, 2022, 10:32:06 PM »
Allow me to introduce myself, I am a Padre fan and I have been following the career of Mac Gore for years. Congratulations on the trade, you have acquired one of the top prospects in baseball, Gore's upside is as high as it goes.

What you may not know is that the Padres have utterly botched the career development of Big Mac since 2020 and probably even earlier. Gore's recent elbow injury is just the latest example, Gore was injured when he was asked to do RP duty, which he had never, ever done in his career going back to Little League. Gore didn't have the mentality or the preparation to enter a game on short notice so it's no surprise he got hurt almost immediately.

So why was Gore, a ROY candidate just a month ago, asked to play RP garbage time rather than start? Long story but basically he was in the doghouse for years for reasons we can only speculate.

Bottom line - it's great for Gore to get a chance of scenery and the Nationals have a potential future superstar on their hands. I will continue watching Gore closely and I wish him and your team great success.

Online imref

« Reply #15: August 02, 2022, 10:43:33 PM »
Allow me to introduce myself, I am a Padre fan and I have been following the career of Mac Gore for years. Congratulations on the trade, you have acquired one of the top prospects in baseball, Gore's upside is as high as it goes.

What you may not know is that the Padres have utterly botched the career development of Big Mac since 2020 and probably even earlier. Gore's recent elbow injury is just the latest example, Gore was injured when he was asked to do RP duty, which he had never, ever done in his career going back to Little League. Gore didn't have the mentality or the preparation to enter a game on short notice so it's no surprise he got hurt almost immediately.

So why was Gore, a ROY candidate just a month ago, asked to play RP garbage time rather than start? Long story but basically he was in the doghouse for years for reasons we can only speculate.

Bottom line - it's great for Gore to get a chance of scenery and the Nationals have a potential future superstar on their hands. I will continue watching Gore closely and I wish him and your team great success.
thank you for sharing.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #16: August 02, 2022, 10:45:08 PM »
Welcome bigmacfan. Sorry for the delay in posting your reply, but we approve first posts to control for spam and bots.

Thanks for the perspective on Gore's arm issue. We can hope no damage was done by the abuse. That's not a story you see much. As noted, there really seemed to be a split in his season. Did the relief appearance happen around the time Law picked up (6/4 or so)?

Offline Slateman

« Reply #17: August 03, 2022, 06:48:21 AM »
Good thing Gore isnt going to a club that let a dude pitch with a broken shoulder blade.

Wait

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #18: August 03, 2022, 04:16:05 PM »
Thread title :lmao:

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19: August 03, 2022, 04:38:45 PM »
somewhere, Scott McKenzie is wondering about the Nats next visit to San Francisco.

Online imref

« Reply #20: August 03, 2022, 05:13:22 PM »

inspired by an Ali G interview of Gore Vidal that is WAY too NSFW to post here, you can find it if you search for it. You've been warned. :)

Offline Duke of Earl

« Reply #21: August 03, 2022, 05:43:47 PM »
somewhere, Scott McKenzie is wondering about the Nats next visit to San Francisco.

God I hated that song.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #22: August 03, 2022, 05:53:00 PM »
Its good that he arrives here with an injury.  Dont have to waste time waiting to put him on the IL.

Anyway, Im calling it now. Bust. He got lucky early in the season. He's  already had injuries and had to totally revamp his delivery, which has now resulted in an elbow injury. Gonna be perpetually coming back from an injury

Already time to "Patterson his ass"?

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23: August 03, 2022, 05:53:47 PM »
God I hated that song.
I'm an equal opportunist.  I hated both of the Papas.

Offline Duke of Earl

« Reply #24: August 03, 2022, 05:56:29 PM »
Vidal?... ;)

Anyone read Burr by Vidal?  I'd been planning to read it for years, finally got around to it recently, and thought it was terrible.  (I learned more about Burr by reading Thomas Jefferson and Alexander Hamilton biographies.) What's up with that, I though he was supposed to be a good writer.