Author Topic: Follow the Prospects: Jarlin Susana, RHP  (Read 941 times)

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 2023
Re: Follow the Prospects: Jarlin Susana, RHP
« Reply #50: September 16, 2022, 11:00:11 AM »
So we're saying a guy who has been a regular starter at low-A shouldn't be allowed to start a meaningless low-A playoff game because we don't want to subject him to the "pressure"???

Seriously???

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #51: September 16, 2022, 11:31:01 AM »
not quite, but the "fed to wolves" point is that he had been in F-burg for what, 2-3 starts? I don't think he had been beyond the complex league level before that, but maybe I'm wrong.  Not very fair to the F-burg teammates for management to insist on throwing a guy into the deep end.  They had worked hard to make the playoffs.  At least it's consistent with the team philosophy about not giving a crap about results. Got to condition the players to tanking and folding. 

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 2023
« Reply #52: September 16, 2022, 12:03:46 PM »
he had made 3 starts at Fredricksburg and 2 in the rookie league. I just don't see a Low-A playoff game being such a big deal. The guy was lights out, there's no reason not to pitch him.  He had a bad start,  it happens. I wouldn't read too much into it.

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
« Reply #53: September 16, 2022, 12:06:46 PM »
Weird how no one had a problem the previous three starts

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
« Reply #54: September 16, 2022, 12:09:00 PM »
not quite, but the "fed to wolves" point is that he had been in F-burg for what, 2-3 starts? I don't think he had been beyond the complex league level before that, but maybe I'm wrong.  Not very fair to the F-burg teammates for management to insist on throwing a guy into the deep end.  They had worked hard to make the playoffs.  At least it's consistent with the team philosophy about not giving a crap about results. Got to condition the players to tanking and folding. 
The entire purpose of the minor leagues is to develop talent. It is absolutely fair to pitch him.

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #55: September 16, 2022, 12:15:31 PM »
The entire purpose of the minor leagues is to develop talent. It is absolutely fair to pitch him.
Yea. It’s fine. A number of the players who helped the team make the playoffs had already been moved up to Wilmington.  And had their spots taken by younger guys. No one cares much what happens in these minor league playoffs.

Offline welch

• 2019: Won the fight
« Reply #56: September 16, 2022, 04:04:29 PM »
Yea. It’s fine. A number of the players who helped the team make the playoffs had already been moved up to Wilmington.  And had their spots taken by younger guys. No one cares much what happens in these minor league playoffs.

Whoever would have started last night can start the next game. That game will be do-or-die.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #57: September 16, 2022, 06:13:25 PM »
A bit of an over-reaction on my part.  It's a challenge start, and he had been looking good.