Author Topic: Follow the Prospects: Robert Hassell III, OF  (Read 11812 times)

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
the wrist with the hamate issue?

according to the talknats post I saw, they aren't related.

Online nobleisthyname

This is why it’s ridiculous for folks to talk about him being with the Nats later this year. Mid-2024 at the earliest.

Yeah a 2023 call-up always seemed like an "in a perfect world" type deal to me. His "hot streak" in AA to end the season was still a sub-.800 OPS, and he was much worse before that. And then he broke his hamate.

Online Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
Meh, once he broke his hammate bone, I wrote off a callup this season, except maybe at the very end of September

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
Robert Hassell III is expected to be activated and in the lineup for low Class A Fredericksburg tonight, according to a person with knowledge of the situation. He stayed down in Florida for extended spring training because of a wrist issue. Because he ended last year in Class AA, this is still considered a rehab assignment of sorts.

Per Jesse D. https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2023/04/12/mackenzie-gore-nationals-angels-live-updates/

Online imref

Offline welch

• The Sweetest Right Handed Swing in 1950s Baseball
Bring him back quickly to Wilmington and H'burg...so I can drive to see him and look for cheese steaks.

Offline DPMOmaha

I'm guessing we don't see the real potential in him until next year and he gets all the way back from that hamate injury, right?

Online Natsinpwc

Broadcast tonight said he was supposed to be in the FredNats lineup but did not arrive in time. So they are starting him slow which I think is good.

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
I don't know how flights are out of Palm Beach, but Broward closed the airport due to rain. It's possible he didn't get out once he got the word that he was going to f-burg and not h-burg.

Online Natsinpwc

I don't know how flights are out of Palm Beach, but Broward closed the airport due to rain. It's possible he didn't get out once he got the word that he was going to f-burg and not h-burg.
Can you imagine landing at DCA and finding out it will take two hours to drive to FBurg?  Or the express lanes will cost you $50.

Online Natsinpwc

Of course the game was in Fayetteville so scratch those thoughts.

Online Natsinpwc

In the lineup for the FredNats tonight. House and Green getting a night off.

Online imref

Camerato:

“I felt great,” Hassell said of his debut on the FredNats' On Deck Pregame Show with lead broadcaster Eric Bach on Friday. “I was seeing the ball well. Obviously, no success [Thursday]. But first A-B (a lineout to left field), felt good going into the game, felt good during BP. But the main thing for me has just been making sure my wrist has been feeling good, and that’s all good. I feel confident that I’m going to hit the baseball. Just making sure health is wealth, and then going from there.”

Online Natsinpwc

1 for 4 with a walk yesterday. Probably move up soon.

Online Natsinpwc

1 for 4.

Online imref

0-2, 3BBs. Batting only .152 though

Online imref

2-3 tonight. Heating up.

Online Natsinpwc

Batting .167 with the FredNats.

Online nobleisthyname

On the slightly more positive side he is still sporting a .375 OBP and a 1.7 BB/K rate. Absolutely zero power though, which I suppose is to be expected with recovering from the broken hamate.

Online Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
I think you look at this year as a lost year. Usually takes a while to get back to pre-injury strength after a hamate bone fracture. I'd be more interested in how he looks come August

Online imref

On the slightly more positive side he is still sporting a .375 OBP and a 1.7 BB/K rate. Absolutely zero power though, which I suppose is to be expected with recovering from the broken hamate.

So he’s basically a Soto replacement?

Offline DCsOwn

• Another New Hope

Online imref

Looks like he hit that off the handle. Ended up at 2-4

Online Natsinpwc

I saw he was pulled for the last at bat which I hope means he was told to pack his bag for Harrisburg.

Offline Section214

Hassell's rehab assignment is over and he is moving to AA where he belongs.