Author Topic: August 2nd, 22, a date that will live in Infamy: Juan Soto traded to the Padres  (Read 11903 times)

Offline stoneghost28

My chief concern with this type of evaluation is that it doesn't take into account the depth problems. Our drafts have been such utter ---- for so long that despite hauling in a giant pile goodies from the Dodgers and the padres the past two years, I can't help but feel that the lack of "interesting" prospect depth beyond the big names can and should be considered a huge problem. Prospects will fail based on randomness (they're prospects and fail to make the leap), injuries, mental make up, general stalling out, and hell, whatever the hell happened to Robles and Kieboom, amongst other issues, having a ton of depth in the system so guys taken in the 10th or 20th round that nobody gave two thoughts to, suddenly become studs and/or become big league relevant. My big concern with the Nats is that w/the blowing up of the big league club, we now have the problem of a top heavy system that lacks that depth to fill in for prospect failures and whatever else we may need.

Hopefully we can address that in the offseason after firing everyone (please) and hiring some real talent to start offseason #2 of the rebuild.