Author Topic: Papelbon Rips Phillies and Harper  (Read 116 times)

Offline Senatorswin

Papelbon Rips Phillies and Harper
« Topic Start: July 19, 2022, 03:59:41 PM »
In an article by a gambling site called beltway Jonathan Papelbon said as long as things go on the way they do in Philadelphia the Phillies will never make the playoffs. He also said Harper was an I-guy and wasn't a leader.

I can't stand the Phillies but even without Harper the Phillies are playing well and as much as I don't like it they have an excellent chance to at least be a wild card.

The Yahoo article I read about this pointed out Harper was 22 - 23 when he played with Papelbon and now at 30 Harper is a different person as most of us are when we are 22 as opposed to 30.

Online Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
Re: Papelbon Rips Phillies and Harper
« Reply #1: July 19, 2022, 04:44:42 PM »
Not sure Papelbon is a reputable source when it comes to the evaluation of others.

Harper has played with enough former teammated that if he were a problem, we would know about it

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 2023
« Reply #2: July 19, 2022, 05:30:04 PM »
Was Schilling not available for an interview?

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #3: July 20, 2022, 10:06:41 AM »
Was Schilling not available for an interview?
he was vacationing at Berchtesgaden, looking for inspiration.

Offline van lingle mungo

« Reply #4: July 20, 2022, 04:51:58 PM »
Papelbon calling someone else an "I-guy"...??? That's pure comedy. And he was a real team player himself, eh? Choking Harper in the dugout and grabbing his junk while walking off the field to boos in Philly following a blown save. Papelbon is a horse's ass.