Author Topic: Juan Soto rejects 440 million offer. Nationals will now entertain trading him.  (Read 26775 times)

Offline Five Banners

The Dodgers current core has yet to win a real World Series. The Nats actually are still the last real World Series champs.

Perhaps they found the secret formula like TB hockey did before they could get over the hump — keep fans out of the stadium all year and in the playoffs?

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
Morosi:

Sources: #Nats are set to receive CJ Abrams, OF Robert Hassell III, OF James Wood, RHP Jarlin Susana for Juan Soto and Josh Bell.

Offline Five Banners

I understand trading Soto. The return must be worth it.

Or the order went in regardless to do a deal and not wait for the off-season

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
Morosi:

Sources: #Nats are set to receive CJ Abrams, OF Robert Hassell III, OF James Wood, RHP Jarlin Susana for Juan Soto and Josh Bell.

That’s it?! No Gore?

Offline Mattionals

Morosi:

TOO FREAKING LIGHT.

Offline Vega

• Party’s Over
I conveniently already have Padres gear.

Offline Squab

• Global Moderator
  • me lookin at the bullpen
Morosi:

This seems incredibly weak to me :(

Offline SkinsNatFan21RIP

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
https://twitter.com/jeffpassan/status/1554494250280263682?s=21&t=csCas4Omy0EDYPS83ei9fg

From Passan::The San Diego Padres are finalizing a deal to acquire superstar outfielder Juan Soto from Washington, sources tell ESPN.

One of the biggest deals in baseball history goes down, and it sends the 23-year-old to SD, where he will team with Fernando Tatis Jr. and Manny Machado.

Offline UMDNats

I can't believe that's the final deal. That's insanely light.

OK sounds like it's not the final deal.

Offline imref

CJ Abrams Scouting Report from March of 2021

Height: 6-2
Weight: 185 lbs
Hits/Throws: L/R
Acquired: 2019 Round 1

RuleV: 2023
Physical Description: Tall and lanky with a trim, wiry build. Extremely live, athletic body. Lots of fast twitch. Long, thin waist with long legs. Plenty of room to develop and add strength.
Hit: Slightly open stance, hands at the letters. Body upright with feet shoulder width apart. Small hand load with hitch. Leg kick timing mechanism varies in size; sometimes sizeable, sometimes minimal. Above average bat speed with a linear path. Easy swing with bat control. Pull-side approach, but shows ability to go to all fields. Above average bat to ball skills, rarely whiffs in the zone. Exceptional hand eye coordination, fouls off tough pitches with two-strikes. Calm demeanor at the plate. Mature approach, ability to take close pitches and recognizes spin well. Natural gifted hitter who is a tough out. Grade: 60

Power: Average raw power. Needs more strength to utilize it in game. Shows ability to drive ball. Mostly pull-side currently. Hits off front side well, produces natural loft. Bat speed and loft indicate future power potential. Speed leads to lots of XBH. Added strength will help long ball, should lead to at least fringy power, if not more. Grade: 45

Field: Solid defender who will make routine play and more. Elite speed allows for exceptional range. Moves well both ways. Soft hands, good fluidity. Catches the ball. Solid footwork with good, athletic actions. Maintains body control throughout movements. Has the ability to make highlight-reel play. Speed and athleticism would stand out in CF. Grade: 55
Arm: Fringy arm. Most times on target. Lacks ideal carry at times, ball will sink. Could improve mechanics. Quick transfer and release but tends to push/ short arm the ball. Playable at short but better suited for 2B or CF. Grade: 45

Run: Rare speed. Quick out of the box with exceptional acceleration. Easy green-light guy. A threat to run immediately when on base. Will steal third easily. Type of speed that makes defense rush, INF singles are not uncommon. Will take extra base, especially with doubles and triples. Grade: 80

Overall: Abrams is a freak athlete that has plenty of growth ahead. At just 18 years old he has shown the potential to be a plus hitter due to his above average bat speed and exceptional hand eye coordination. He is a tough out that rarely misses the ball when it's in the zone. Still growing into his body, the power will come as he fills out and adds strength. That combined with the natural loft and bat speed should lead to at least fringe average power. His speed is a true weapon. Once on base, he is a threat to go at any time. He shows good feel for stealing bases and should rack up high totals in the department. It also allows him to take extra bases and beat out INF singles easily, as well. From a fielding perspective, Abrams shows good actions. The speed helps add range and pairs nicely with good hands and footwork. The arm is fringy at best. It is still playable at SS, but not one I would rely on, as it lacks the ideal carry. His mechanics need improvement to prevent him from pushing the ball. There are talks of him moving to CF, which is where the arm would be better suited and the speed would be utilized more. I think he can stick at short, but I would not be against a move to the outfield. His athleticism should allow him to transition easily. Overall, Abrams has a lot of high grading tools that still need development time, but show signs of a quality big league player. He could wind up being an above average regular who is an occasional all-star.

OFP: 55
Role: 60 - Above-Average Regular; Occasional All-Star
Risk: High

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
Love Abrams. Can’t believe we didn’t get Hote also AND added Bell. Wth.

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
I can't believe that's the final deal. That's insanely light.
Theres no way. Theres no way that Luis Castillo gets a better return than Juan freaking Soto

Offline Elvir Ovcina

This seems incredibly weak to me :(

That's a worse return than the Reds got for Castillo.

Offline imref

It's done per Passan. I started a new thread.