Author Topic: OT: Minor League TV  (Read 420 times)

Offline van lingle mungo

OT: Minor League TV
« Topic Start: June 21, 2022, 11:48:06 PM »
Just wondering if anyone else has a MILB.tv subscription and if you do, what teams do you like to look in on and why? I really enjoy mine. More bang for the buck than I could have ever imagined. $50 for an entire season of access to 100 or so games per night.

Offline welch

• The Sweetest Right Handed Swing in 1950s Baseball
Re: OT: Minor League TV
« Reply #1: June 22, 2022, 05:32:10 PM »
I do. I watch the Nats teams in Rochester and Harrisburg.

Offline Elvir Ovcina

« Reply #2: June 22, 2022, 06:18:36 PM »
Just wondering if anyone else has a MILB.tv subscription and if you do, what teams do you like to look in on and why? I really enjoy mine. More bang for the buck than I could have ever imagined. $50 for an entire season of access to 100 or so games per night.

I do.  I tend to skip around the Southeast to teams within driving distance of me.

Offline van lingle mungo

« Reply #3: June 22, 2022, 08:36:53 PM »
I watch quite a few Rochester games. Got hooked on the Toledo Mud Hens a couple years back - not so much anymore as most of their '19 squad has moved on or moved up to Detroit. Real old-timey feel to their broadcasts and their park. Worth a look IMO if you have not already. Other favorites include Gwinnett, Indianapolis, Louisville, Mississippi Braves, Richmond Flying Squirrels. I do my best not to remind myself that the players might become future Nats adversaries.

Offline machpost

« Reply #4: June 23, 2022, 10:05:36 AM »
I watch quite a few Rochester games. Got hooked on the Toledo Mud Hens a couple years back - not so much anymore as most of their '19 squad has moved on or moved up to Detroit. Real old-timey feel to their broadcasts and their park. Worth a look IMO if you have not already. Other favorites include Gwinnett, Indianapolis, Louisville, Mississippi Braves, Richmond Flying Squirrels. I do my best not to remind myself that the players might become future Nats adversaries.
I've been to at least half a dozen games at Fifth Third Field, and it's an excellent AAA ballpark. The surrounding downtown area just keeps improving, too.

And I'd probably subscribe to MiLB.tv if there was a convenient TV app. The hassle of having to use AirPlay or Chromecast is just not worth it for me, and I don't watch a lot of stuff on phone or tablet.

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #5: June 23, 2022, 10:59:29 AM »
I've been to at least half a dozen games at Fifth Third Field, and it's an excellent AAA ballpark. The surrounding downtown area just keeps improving, too.

And I'd probably subscribe to MiLB.tv if there was a convenient TV app. The hassle of having to use AirPlay or Chromecast is just not worth it for me, and I don't watch a lot of stuff on phone or tablet.
Hard to believe they don’t have an app.

Offline van lingle mungo

« Reply #6: June 23, 2022, 11:31:51 AM »

Just run an hdmi cable from your tablet to your TV and your problem is solved.

5/3 Field is on my bucket list. Really cool ballpark surrounded by some ancient buildings that they turned into bars, restaurants and a team store. The locals really turn out at that place too. Good atmosphere.

Offline van lingle mungo

« Reply #7: June 23, 2022, 10:56:33 PM »
I do.  I tend to skip around the Southeast to teams within driving distance of me.

Do you ever travel to see those teams? I want to put together a trip that involves seeing the teams that I've been following since I signed on to watch minor league ball 3 years ago. Lots of options there for me, mostly AA Eastern League and AAA IL East, all within about 300 miles. The idea of making places like Allentown PA and Trenton NJ my destination is a sobering thought, though. Watch baseball, get offered 8-balls of Crack or some meth, or just get straight up mugged.....good times!

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #8: June 23, 2022, 10:59:58 PM »
Do you ever travel to see those teams? I want to put together a trip that involves seeing the teams that I've been following since I signed on to watch minor league ball 3 years ago. Lots of options there for me, mostly AA Eastern League and AAA IL East, all within about 300 miles. The idea of making places like Allentown PA and Trenton NJ my destination is a sobering thought, though. Watch baseball, get offered 8-balls of Crack or some meth, or just get straight up mugged.....good times!
There are good and bad areas around those places like all cities. What Trenton Makes the World Takes.