Author Topic: Is Davey’s seat getting warm?  (Read 6205 times)

Offline English Natsie

• It's baseball, Jim, but not as we know it...
Re: Is Davey’s seat getting warm?
« Reply #25: June 15, 2022, 11:32:30 AM »

Medical experts should have been calling the shots for Stras's start.  The game itself and Strasburg's morale were irrelevant.

The behavioural scientist in me can't help but feel that what we witnessed was a type of behaviour called Abilene Paradox (those who want the technicals can look it up, and have an interesting read). In straightforward terms, everyone convinces themselves of a position (in this case, that Stras was ready to go). Because of that, when an issue arises, that is clear to all, everyone waits for evetyone else to make a decision - the consequence is that no-one makes a decision, and all parties end up in a situation that suits none of them; in this case, Stras was taken too deep (with inevitable consequences), Davie M's judgment was made to look questionable, and the Nats lost the game.The thinking would probably go something like this:

Stras - I'm really struggling, but Davie isn't showing any sign of relieving me, so he must think...

DM -   Stras  looks like he's struggling, but he isn't indicating he wants to be relieved, so he must think...

Just a thought...