Author Topic: Finnegan and Rainey  (Read 762 times)

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
Re: Finnegan and Rainey
« Reply #25: June 26, 2022, 06:18:02 PM »
Cishek is cooked. I'd move him for a sandwich. Still think Clippard should be up here
can't really argue too much.  I just hope Cishek can be spotted in and deceive somebody into making an offer.  I cannot figure out the Clippard thing.  I had assumed he was here to show he could still pitch and be moved at the deadline.  They obviously have something else in mind.  It's not like Machado and Weems and Clay are all that young. 

Offline Section214

« Reply #26: June 26, 2022, 06:41:47 PM »
I think Rainey has done enough over the last few years to prove he is a solid back-end of the bullpen piece. I am sure the Nationals will get a bunch of calls about him next month, can I interest them in Finnegan instead? Or perhaps Cishek??

Offline Senatorswin

« Reply #27: June 26, 2022, 07:17:02 PM »
Both relievers have a few years left of Nats control. I think they both have the stuff to be part of the future, especially Rainey.

Online Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
« Reply #28: June 26, 2022, 07:25:59 PM »
Finnegan is 30. Rainey is 29. Someone offers you a legit prospect, you do it

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #29: June 26, 2022, 07:38:03 PM »
The years of team control means you may get more back than Carl Jr can get you. Relievers are more important on the margins of the playoffs. Until we establish a front 3 in the rotation and 5 or so position regulars, late innings relievers are a luxury

Online Slateman

« Reply #30: June 26, 2022, 08:31:18 PM »
The years of team control means you may get more back than Carl Jr can get you. Relievers are more important on the margins of the playoffs. Until we establish a front 3 in the rotation and 5 or so position regulars, late innings relievers are a luxury
But they are both relievers with no real history of being back end guys. Like I said, if someone offers something decent, do it.

Honestly, guys like Finnegan and Rainey should be your most replaceable guys. Like, they throw upper 90s with a decent slide piece. Okay, that should be replaceable. But this team just struggles so hard with that. It hangs on too long to starters and waits too long to convert them. It fails to develop pitching at any appreciable level.

Online Slateman

« Reply #31: June 29, 2022, 03:49:53 PM »
Time to move on from Finnegan. Yet another pitcher we failed to develop

Offline Chelsea_Phil

« Reply #32: June 29, 2022, 05:22:55 PM »
Can Someone explain in simple matter what that third base issue was all about?