Author Topic: 2009 vs 2022 - which lineup is worse?  (Read 2103 times)

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
Re: 2009 vs 2022 - which lineup is worse?
« Reply #25: May 25, 2022, 11:44:24 AM »
You have to wonder if he got the stop sign from the Lerners after the Cruz signing.

I did not criticize the signing at the time because I did not think it would be all they would do, but to sign a DH and just stop trying to fill other holes needed to compete seems like a waste.

We kicked around what it would have been for the Nats to offer a comparable deal to for Suarez and Winker, and it didn't strike us as outrageous (some sort of combo of Carillo, Fedde, and a position player like Thomas - https://www.wnff.net/index.php?topic=39751.750;msg=2242214), and Tyler Anderson was would not have cost much either (Tim Dierkes thought he was a good fit).  Tepera signed for more than I thought, and of course Story was probably too big of an outlay in terms of years and money, but you could have held a slot for Kieboom, Robles, and not blocked Garcia if you had pulled in  few more guys.  Would you have loved a lineup with Yadi and Winker splitting LF and DH, Suarez either at short or 3rd, and Ruiz, Cesar, Bell, Ruiz/Adams and Soto? Still lets you play Robles and leaves a spot for presumptively Kieboom or maybe Garcia.