Author Topic: The Nats are...For Sale?!?  (Read 27558 times)

Offline hotshot

Re: The Nats are...For Sale?!?
« Reply #400: October 06, 2022, 01:46:16 PM »
Mets blew a 10 game lead and have "won"  a WC spot. Talk to me when they win a pennant. Or even have sustained success in the division.

Bezos grew up in Houston and Miami. He currently lives in Washington state but has homes everywhere. He bought the Post because it was the largest, most respected news outlet available, not because he likes DC. The DC area became a focal point of HQ2 largely to handle all the cloud computing that the Federal government is expected to adopt over the next decade.

All reports are that Bezos wants an NFL team. If he wanted the Nationals, he would have been in on them.

Of the billionaires that would be DC natives, only Jacqueline Mars has the money to compete with Steve Cohen.

Leonsis is the closest you're going to get to a DC sports fan billionaire.

Like I said, Cohen is a unicorn in sports. The vast majority of teams are run like businesses by people who view them as a hobby or status symbol

I'm not a fan of Bezos himself, just his money and his (as yet unknown and unproven) commitment to spend it.

Don't you think Leonsis is spread too thin already, what with both the Wizards and Caps? To now also own the Nats just seems too much.

I'd also want to believe if Ted owned all three franchises, the Nats would come first in terms of his attention and focus. Given his long-time association with the Caps and Wizards, though, I'm worried the Nats would be his third priority.