Author Topic: The Rotation - 2022  (Read 1142 times)

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
Re: The Rotation - 2022
« Reply #25: June 18, 2022, 12:20:33 PM »
Looks like Tereault is getting another start Sunday. So, as of right now, the rotation looks like Gray, Tetreault, Fedde, Corbin, and Espino. There's a couple of off days next week, so it is conceivable that Espino or Tetreault could be skipped next time through.

Looking forward, Cavalli has had a decent but not dominant month or so in AAA (29 IP, 5 GS, 2.17 ERA, 1.035 WHIP, 9 K/9), with a couple of 7 inning starts that were very good mixed in with 3 shorter 5 inning  max starts that were meh.  I'll defer to others who watch his games, but I don't see him as ready, and I can see good reasons to let him finish the year in AAA unless he goes on a sustained, dominant stretch that shows he's too good for the league.  I'm out on an island here, and most others thinks it's just about time to throw him to the wolves.  I could see adding him the 40 man and 26 man rosters once the assorted veterans like Cishek and Edwards are cleared out by trades.

Adon I think remains the spot starter for double-headers if he's available.

posted too soon. Rest of the AAA rotation right now is Cole Henry, Jefry Rodriguez, and Sterling Sharp.  None are on the 40 man roster.  I don't see any of these guys as likely fill in starters or moving into the rotation.

IF anyone has thoughts on guys you could see moving into the rotation and when this year, post below.