Author Topic: Nationals vs Mets, Game 3  (Read 2148 times)

Offline RyanZimsKazoo

• Ryan Zimmerman is passionate about baseball...
Re: Nationals vs Mets, Game 3
« Reply #75: April 09, 2022, 08:48:51 PM »
Can STH get like a refund for the garbage that the Lerners are putting out on the field? Like who legitimately wants to pay for this absolute trash.

And Fire davey already.

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2024
« Reply #76: April 09, 2022, 08:52:35 PM »
Adon looked okay overall. Still hoping he turns in a solid season.

Offline Dave in Fairfax

« Reply #77: April 09, 2022, 08:53:38 PM »
And Fire davey already.
What has Davey done or failed to do that is not a consequence of what ownership/front office saddled him with?

Offline RyanZimsKazoo

« Reply #78: April 09, 2022, 08:54:31 PM »
Adon looked okay overall. Still hoping he turns in a solid season.
Okay until he got rocked? He escaped the first 4 innings luckily with no damage. Took one swing of the bat to completely ruin his ok start and turned it into a certified loss.

Offline Elvir Ovcina

« Reply #79: April 09, 2022, 08:54:48 PM »
Can STH get like a refund for the garbage that the Lerners are putting out on the field? Like who legitimately wants to pay for this absolute trash.

And Fire davey already.

Why fire Davey?  Soto, Bell, and maybe Cruz and Hernandez aside, this team would be unremarkable as a AAA roster.  That's not an exaggeration: of the ten starters today, six of them would struggle to make most major league rosters, and yet they are starting.  Nobody could win major league games regularly with this group.

Okay until he got rocked? He escaped the first 4 innings luckily with no damage. Took one swing of the bat to completely ruin his ok start and turned it into a certified loss.

It was literally his second MLB start.  He gave up a homer to one of the best power hitters in the majors.  You don't see dudes like that in AA.  There's an adjustment period.  He looked fine overall for where he is in development.

Online Natsinpwc

« Reply #80: April 09, 2022, 08:55:45 PM »
Does anyone think the Nats will reach .500 this season?

Offline RyanZimsKazoo

« Reply #81: April 09, 2022, 08:56:11 PM »
What has Davey done or failed to do that is not a consequence of what ownership/front office saddled him with?
He is the manager and he needs to speak up and not be party to tanking. This roster was old at the World Series yes but he should not have agreed to being party to a rebuild because he has had zero positive influence on the younger players. Soto is generational player so he doesn’t get credit for that.

Online Natsinpwc

« Reply #82: April 09, 2022, 08:59:55 PM »
He is the manager and he needs to speak up and not be party to tanking.

:hysterical:

Offline Elvir Ovcina

« Reply #83: April 09, 2022, 09:00:05 PM »
He is the manager and he needs to speak up and not be party to tanking. This roster was old at the World Series yes but he should not have agreed to being party to a rebuild because he has had zero positive influence on the younger players. Soto is generational player so he doesn’t get credit for that.

Aside from getting a career year out of Robles as a rookie on a World Series team, helping to turn Turner into an MVP candidate, and managing not to screw up that "generational talent" Soto, he basically hasn't had any chances with young players until the second half of last year.   

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2024
« Reply #84: April 09, 2022, 09:05:04 PM »

And Fire davey already.
What did you expect when you renewed this season?

Offline Elvir Ovcina

« Reply #85: April 09, 2022, 09:06:34 PM »
What did you expect when you renewed this season?

Some people need something to justify the anger that's in fact the only emotion they're capable of feeling or expressing. I believe you're seeing that in action.

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2024
« Reply #86: April 09, 2022, 09:07:44 PM »
Some people need something to justify the anger that's in fact the only emotion they're capable of feeling or expressing. I believe you're seeing that in action.
I’m irritated by this franchise but we knew what was coming this season.

Offline Scrapple

« Reply #87: April 09, 2022, 09:11:50 PM »
Does anyone think the Nats will reach .500 this season?

No. I’m thinking the better question is, will the Nats lose less than 100 games?

Looks like this is gonna be a character building season for us Nationals fans.

Let’s go Naaaaaaaaats!!!

Offline Elvir Ovcina

« Reply #88: April 09, 2022, 09:12:20 PM »
I’m irritated by this franchise but we knew what was coming this season.

Indeed.  I wasn't talking about you. 

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #89: April 09, 2022, 09:13:05 PM »
I don't see Martinez actively costing this team games.  I don't think he's Manny Acta / Matt Williams bad.  It's just he's supposed to see what chunks of corn he kind find in this [Bruney], knowing full well it is mostly [Bruney]. Ruiz looks like corn, and maybe Adon is corn too.  got to trot him out until we decide if he's [Bruney]. Not going to pull him, or Corbin, after their first 60 pitches, so they were on the mind in the 5th when it turned to  [Bruney]..  You can hope they come up with 2 line up pieces in addition to Ruiz and Soto, and as for the rotation, we can hope they establish maybe 2 kids this year.  That's the task at hand.

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2024
« Reply #90: April 09, 2022, 09:14:36 PM »
I don't see Martinez actively costing this team games.  I don't think he's Manny Acta / Matt Williams bad.  It's just he's supposed to see what chunks of corn he kind find in this [Bruney], knowing full well it is mostly [Bruney]. Ruiz looks like corn, and maybe Adon is corn too.  got to trot him out until we decide if he's [Bruney]. Not going to pull him, or Corbin, after their first 60 pitches.  You can hope they come up with 2 line up pieces in addition to Ruiz and Soto, and as for the rotation, we can hope they establish maybe 2 kids this year.  That's the task at hand.
I am fine Martinez. If we are 20 game under .500 in July and playing Franco over a young guy, I’ll be mad.

But that is more a Rizzo call than Martinez.

Offline Vega

• Party’s Over
« Reply #91: April 09, 2022, 09:21:19 PM »
Yeah this is a hundred loss team.

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #92: April 09, 2022, 09:24:29 PM »
I am fine Martinez. If we are 20 game under .500 in July and playing Franco over a young guy, I’ll be mad.

But that is more a Rizzo call than Martinez.
That's right. It's an organizational problem, not so much the manager.  I'm not a huge Davey fan, either, it's just I'm convinced that there's nothing that can be done with this collection of talent. 

As for the collector, Rizzo, I'm not sure he deployed whatever limited assets he could deploy in the best way.  I'll give him credit for Cesar Hernandez.  I think he's a nice $4 million starter who will be respectable and tradeable.  I still expect Cruz to perform pretty well. Truth is, the rest of the big gaps (2 OF spots and 2 IF spots) he was keeping open to see if a kid could play.  It's ugly when they can't.  As for the rotation, there should be 2-3 rookies in it plus maybe Gray by the end of the year. 

Offline Air Desmond

« Reply #93: April 09, 2022, 09:25:49 PM »
This team is wasting no time in sucking. Sometimes bad teams can fake it and be competitive for a few months before the bottom falls out. I don’t even know if we need a closer. The idea of this team holding a lead in the 9th inning seems very far fetched.

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #94: April 09, 2022, 09:28:05 PM »
When will this team have a starter pitch 6 innings?

Offline Elvir Ovcina

« Reply #95: April 09, 2022, 09:29:18 PM »
When will this team have a starter pitch 6 innings?

Corbin or Gray will probably make it through 6 once within the first 6 or 7 of their starts.  So, uh, by mid-May?

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #96: April 09, 2022, 09:33:17 PM »
Corbin or Gray will probably make it through 6 once within the first 6 or 7 of their starts.  So, uh, by mid-May?
Fedde made it through 6 seven times in in 27 starts last year.  Tomorrow I don't think he's stretched out enough, so I'll say not before his 3d start around 4/20.

Offline Vega

• Party’s Over
« Reply #97: April 09, 2022, 09:40:08 PM »
Enjoy the Tommy John recovery, fella.

Offline Dave in Fairfax

« Reply #98: April 09, 2022, 09:40:56 PM »
Fedde may have to pitch as deep as possible no matter the score just to keep from burning through more bullpen arms.

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2024
« Reply #99: April 09, 2022, 09:46:25 PM »
Wtf was that tag up? Easiest assist Thomas will ever have