Author Topic: Nationals vs Mets, Game 3  (Read 2147 times)

Offline rileyn

Re: Nationals vs Mets, Game 3
« Reply #125: April 10, 2022, 07:25:57 AM »
Strasburg's contract is a huge albatross.  Was that Rizzo or the Lerners? 

Online Natsinpwc

« Reply #126: April 10, 2022, 08:44:35 AM »
Even with the trades to compete, the abysmal decline of the farm system was inexcusable.  We unloaded at last years deadline and still considered a bottom third farm system.  Reboot my rear - if this isn’t a full blown rebuild I don’t know what is.
They thought Robles and Garcia and Kieboom would be good regular players. They goofed.

Online Five Banners

« Reply #127: April 10, 2022, 09:08:04 AM »
They thought Robles and Garcia and Kieboom would be good regular players. They goofed.

Arguably one of the worst player development track records

Online Natsinpwc

« Reply #128: April 10, 2022, 09:15:19 AM »
Arguably one of the worst player development track records
Other than Soto.  And Turner. 

It's funny how fans think their team has some sort of a divine right to have a winning record every year.  Does not work that way for most franchises.  At this point you have to hope guys like Cavalli and House and a couple others are good.  Then you can fill gaps with free agents.  Otherwise no reason to sign free agents now to win a few more games. 

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #129: April 10, 2022, 09:21:01 AM »
The point being they don have anybody the Dodgers want except Soto which is not going to happen and they are going to have to trade for him.
yes, but trea is a free agent at the end of the year, so the discussion about the Lerners getting him back is about free agency, not a trade. I agree they couldn't trade for the guy.

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #130: April 10, 2022, 09:23:14 AM »
I refuse to pay for any tickets unless someone is selling them at a 75-80% markdown. STH will be hard pressed to sell for less than 20% of their original value.

Amazing how quickly that team was dismantled.
they are going back to relying on visiting fans and nice weather

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #131: April 10, 2022, 09:45:04 AM »
Of course they always say it but I saw an article where Trea said he really loves playing in LA and would like to sign long term there.
there were about 8 major shortstops hitting free agency last winter or this: Correa, Seager, Baez, Semien, Story, Turner, Bogaerts, and Lindor.  Lindor never made it to free agency because he was traded and extended. Some of these guys went to non-contending rebuilding teams like Texas, some went to marginal teams like the Twins. The excuse "no guys want to go to rebuilding teams" doesn't fly. It is one of the two most important positions, and for  the Nats to completely whiff with a below market offer is hard to take. House is House, but he's not going to be ready before 2024. Soto's more likely to be out the door than play with him.