Author Topic: Harrisburg Senators (AA) 2022  (Read 307 times)

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
Harrisburg Senators (AA) 2022
« Topic Start: April 08, 2022, 09:50:16 AM »
Opening day roster:

PITCHERS - 15: Matt Brill, Gerardo Carrillo, Dakody Clemmer, Matt Cronin, Steven Fuentes, Brian Gonzalez, Richard Guasch, Alberto Guerrero, Cole Henry, Ronald Herrera, Andrew Lee, Evan Lee, Ramon Santos, Reid Schaller, and Alex Troop

CATCHERS - 2: Taylor Gushue and Brady Lindsly

INFIELDERS - 6: Jake Alu, Jackson Cluff, Jack Dunn, Jecksson Flores, Wilson Garcia, KJ Harrison, and Gilbert Lara

OUTFIELDERS - 4: Justin Connell, Mitch Longo, Rudy Martin, and Jacob Rhinesmith

Francys Peguero, Allan Berrios and Dondrei Hubbard start the season on the Development List.

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
Re: Harrisburg Senators (AA) 2022
« Reply #1: April 08, 2022, 11:40:46 AM »
So, using the MLB top 30 on the FTP page, that's #3 (Henry), #7 (Carrillo), #13 (Cronin), #18 (E. Lee), #22 (Cluff), plus Fuentes and maybe Gilbert Lara as on the radar?

Offline wj73

« Reply #2: April 08, 2022, 03:39:17 PM »
So, using the MLB top 30 on the FTP page, that's #3 (Henry), #7 (Carrillo), #13 (Cronin), #18 (E. Lee), #22 (Cluff), plus Fuentes and maybe Gilbert Lara as on the radar?

We have tix for Senators Opening Night Tuesday, then plan on staying overnight in Harrisburg to catch Wednesday’s day game. Sounds like we’ve got some decent prospects to look for.

Offline welch

• The Sweetest Right Handed Swing in 1950s Baseball
« Reply #3: April 08, 2022, 08:15:13 PM »
A collection of Whos on Wilmington, but Fredericksburg has House, the outfielder they drafted with House, and Rutledge. But Rutledge is on the 7-day DL.

Offline wj73

« Reply #4: August 05, 2022, 07:57:32 PM »
Caught the Harrisburg-Bay Sox game Wednesday night.

Hadn’t been there since April. One thing that struck me was how many Senators players were a bit on the chunky side. Like Kirby Puckett or Pablo Sandoval. Not just the catcher (which you might expect) but also the 1st and 3rd basemen, and the right fielder. It was . . . strange. The 3rd baseman (Meregildo) missed a couple of balls hit his way - one a grounder that got under his glove, and one a liner just over his head - that I thought maybe a fitter player might have had an easier time bending down or jumping up to catch.

Overall, the I thought Senators did not look nearly as crisp as the division leading Bay Sox. The Senators did turn one excellent 3-6-3 double play, but did not turn another that they should have. There was also some sloppy base running.

But the hitting seemed solid. They got 8 hits, and though they ended up losing 6-4, they never looked out of it.

I do love the thought pitch clock. That speeds up the game nicely. The home plate umpire gave the pitchers a few extra courtesy seconds, but when one of the Senators pitchers (forget who) went beyond that, the umpire called a ball. Good to see the rule being enforced.

And as I mentioned in another thread, Jen Pawol was the home plate umpire. I wish her all the best. She called an excellent game. Looking to see her in the majors in the near future.