Author Topic: Cherry Blossom Uniforms  (Read 2323 times)

Online Natsinpwc

Re: Cherry Blossom Uniforms
« Reply #25: March 30, 2022, 09:49:18 AM »
WSH sounds like the Sunshine Squad's view of the roster.  Or perhaps that's death WSH and the Legion of Doom.
How bout BWI so Angelos knows we have taken over.

Offline Duke of Earl

« Reply #26: March 30, 2022, 10:00:33 AM »
Those who live in the area call Washington, DC:  "DC".  Those outside the area call it: "Washington". Many don't even readily recognize the name "DC".  I moved to New York a year ago, people ask me where I moved from, I now say "Washington,DC" and that has it covered.  When I first moved here I said "DC" and it confused some folks.  ("Washington", alone, does sometimes make people think of the State; "Washington, DC" doesn't.)

Online Natsinpwc

« Reply #27: March 30, 2022, 10:05:44 AM »
Those who live in the area call Washington, DC:  "DC".  Those outside the area call it: "Washington". Many don't even readily recognize the name "DC".  I moved to New York a year ago, people ask me where I moved from, I now say "Washington,DC" and that has it covered.  When I first moved here I said "DC" and it confused some folks.  ("Washington", alone, does sometimes make people think of the State; "Washington, DC" doesn't.)
When I wear my old Nats DC hat people are confused generally. At least they don’t say Wisconsin like with the curly W hats.

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #28: March 30, 2022, 10:37:09 AM »
The curly dub seems more "Walgreen's"...the old Senators hats are pretty badgery though.

The first gen fuddruckers jerseys were the best IMO, especially the away greys 

When I wear my old Nats DC hat people are confused generally. At least they don’t say Wisconsin like with the curly W hats.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #29: March 30, 2022, 02:30:42 PM »
I noticed that part of the uni seems to include the stars and bars. I wonder if they're going to incorporate that into unis in the future.

Online HalfSmokes

« Reply #30: March 30, 2022, 02:53:02 PM »
I noticed that part of the uni seems to include the stars and bars. I wonder if they're going to incorporate that into unis in the future.

Pacers makes good money selling gear with that logo.

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
« Reply #31: March 30, 2022, 02:54:47 PM »

Right. But the branding should resonate locally, with fans.

Offline GburgNatsFan

« Reply #32: March 30, 2022, 03:26:43 PM »

Pacers makes good money selling gear with that logo.

The Indiana Pacers use the DC logo? I'm confused.

Online HalfSmokes

« Reply #33: March 30, 2022, 03:48:05 PM »
The Indiana Pacers use the DC logo? I'm confused.

Pacers running. They have a couple of versions of the dc flag logo that are popular. I wish a team would buy their dc skyline logo because it’s better than anything any of the local teams use

Offline GburgNatsFan

« Reply #34: March 30, 2022, 03:49:25 PM »
Pacers running. They have a couple of versions of the dc flag logo that are popular. I wish a team would buy their dc skyline logo because it’s better than anything any of the local teams use

Ah. Thanks.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #35: March 30, 2022, 03:57:21 PM »
I noticed that part of the uni seems to include the stars and bars.
Stars and Bars or Stars over Bars?  I've heard Stars and Bars for various version of the confederate flag, including the battle flag of Northern Virginia, but not for the DC flag. 

Offline GburgNatsFan

« Reply #36: March 30, 2022, 04:03:52 PM »
Stars and Bars or Stars over Bars?  I've heard Stars and Bars for various version of the confederate flag, including the battle flag of Northern Virginia, but not for the DC flag.

Noted. Probably referred to as stars above bars.

Offline English Natsie

• It's baseball, Jim, but not as we know it...
« Reply #37: March 30, 2022, 05:15:36 PM »
As Opening Day approaches, will it be 'Walks Strikes Hits' or 'We're So Hopeless' ?..  ;)

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #38: March 30, 2022, 05:47:21 PM »
When I am telling someone from out of town where I’m from I almost always say “DC.”  And then usually they say “Maryland or Virginia” and I have to tell them I live in the District.
If I’m talking to someone from the area I say “the District” or my actual neighborhood.

These jerseys cost $475 for the authentics.  Although T I love them, that is entirely too much. Maybe a hat.

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
« Reply #40: April 02, 2022, 02:02:52 PM »
I think they look great. I'd wear it.

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #41: April 25, 2022, 04:42:36 PM »
I just looked into buying the cherry blossom unis and they are pretty much all sold out except a few odd sizes. Does anyone think they'll produce more at some point?

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
« Reply #42: April 25, 2022, 05:18:45 PM »
My son’s ex gf works for the Nats, I got a present from her this weekend-the interlocking DC hat I’ve wanted forever but was sold out when I was there last year, plus a bonus cherry blossom hat which I really didn’t think I wanted but am now completely in love with :)

Offline aspenbubba

« Reply #43: April 25, 2022, 06:05:54 PM »
I am getting use to the Cherry Blossom hats and unis but would have preferred the interlocking DC rather than WSH. I’m still looking for the gray and pink Mothers Day hat for my granddaughter. Any ideas?

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #44: May 10, 2022, 12:31:08 PM »
I've found it interesting that, so far, they've seemed fairly restrained in which jerseys they're wearing on the field. They wore the alternate red  :w: early on in the season and haven't in quite a while. It's just been the home white, road gray and City Connect. I don't mind that at all, really, just a little surprised we haven't seen the blue "Nationals" jerseys that I think are pretty popular. I think we'll see something for the three "Patriotic Series" home games, too.

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2022
« Reply #45: May 10, 2022, 02:35:01 PM »
I've found it interesting that, so far, they've seemed fairly restrained in which jerseys they're wearing on the field. They wore the alternate red  :w: early on in the season and haven't in quite a while. It's just been the home white, road gray and City Connect. I don't mind that at all, really, just a little surprised we haven't seen the blue "Nationals" jerseys that I think are pretty popular. I think we'll see something for the three "Patriotic Series" home games, too.
I miss the old home whites with the lone :w: on the front. The home white Nationals script are fine, but the hats are too busy.

I think having the blue tops and red tops in regular rotation would be too many uniforms. But I wouldn't mind seeing them occasionally.

I still like the City Connect uniforms.

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #46: May 10, 2022, 02:36:20 PM »

Mark only gave the team budget for three uniforms.

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #47: May 10, 2022, 04:19:02 PM »
I miss the old home whites with the lone :w: on the front. The home white Nationals script are fine, but the hats are too busy.

I think having the blue tops and red tops in regular rotation would be too many uniforms. But I wouldn't mind seeing them occasionally.

I still like the City Connect uniforms.
Me, too. I would like to see them go all in on the :w: jerseys, especially at home. I like the hats they wear at home as a hat, but I don't like it for an on field option at all. BP or Spring Training or just for public sale is fine.

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2022
« Reply #48: May 13, 2022, 10:50:24 PM »
Bought cherry blossom merchandise tonight. Not proud of myself.

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #49: May 13, 2022, 10:59:02 PM »
No shame. It’s going to age well with time I think.