Author Topic: Cherry Blossom Uniforms  (Read 2325 times)

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
Cherry Blossom Uniforms
« Topic Start: March 29, 2022, 10:47:08 AM »
They look pretty ugly IMHO

Offline DPMOmaha

Re: Cherry Blossom Uniforms
« Reply #1: March 29, 2022, 10:57:52 AM »
For a one off, I kinda like 'em.

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #2: March 29, 2022, 11:39:32 AM »
They scream "toxic masculinity"

Offline CynBeth

« Reply #3: March 29, 2022, 12:10:30 PM »
I actually like them. 

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
« Reply #4: March 29, 2022, 12:16:39 PM »
Cherry blossoms don't really pop on a grey background.

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
« Reply #5: March 29, 2022, 12:29:01 PM »
The uniforms are great, but WSH??? No.

They've gone too far with this "Washington" stuff. No one here calls it that. They need to rename the area teams DC.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #6: March 29, 2022, 12:39:20 PM »
The uniforms are great, but WSH??? No.

They've gone too far with this "Washington" stuff. No one here calls it that. They need to rename the area teams DC.
they have that great dc logo from the first few seasons.  If they aren't using a :w: , then the dc should be used rather than wsh

Offline Kevrock

« Reply #7: March 29, 2022, 12:43:48 PM »
100%

Online Five Banners

« Reply #8: March 29, 2022, 01:03:46 PM »

No one here calls it Washington?  I thought the use was pretty interchangeable generally, with a favoring towards the use of Washington, but that might just be me. I guess they can prioritize giving Columbus his due, as well as emphasizing the status as a federal district.

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #9: March 29, 2022, 01:18:32 PM »
It is a bit fraught.  Washington owned slaves, Columbus enslaved and slaughtered, and Chocolate City, Covfefegrad, and Millennial Intern Playground all offend someone for some reason or another. 

That said, the more I look at this cherry blossom kit, the more I like it  :D 
No one here calls it Washington?  I thought the use was pretty interchangeable generally, with a favoring towards the use of Washington, but that might just be me. I guess they can prioritize giving Columbus his due, as well as emphasizing the status as a federal district.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10: March 29, 2022, 01:38:24 PM »
tbh, pink and gray is a classic combination. 

Offline Count Walewski

« Reply #11: March 29, 2022, 04:15:31 PM »
IMO, the cherry blossoms could stand to be a big bigger, and the letters could stand to be a bit smaller. I like the idea of using cherry blossoms as that is a very local thing unique to the DC area and they are wearing them in April.

Online imref

« Reply #12: March 29, 2022, 05:01:09 PM »
the uniform announcement was made in conjunction with the wizards who unveiled similar uniforms.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/33616399/washington-nationals-unveil-cherry-blossom-themed-city-connect-uniforms

Online Natsinpwc

« Reply #13: March 29, 2022, 05:27:03 PM »
the uniform announcement was made in conjunction with the wizards who unveiled similar uniforms.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/33616399/washington-nationals-unveil-cherry-blossom-themed-city-connect-uniforms
Both teams still suck. Nice the owners can make some more money.

Offline English Natsie

• It's baseball, Jim, but not as we know it...
« Reply #14: March 29, 2022, 06:11:06 PM »
They look pretty ugly IMHO

You're too kind - they're absolutely hideous (IMHO)... :hysterical:

Offline Kevrock

« Reply #15: March 29, 2022, 07:05:32 PM »

? I'm not sure I have never heard a local call the city Washington. If someone here said, "I'm going to Washington tomorrow" I'd assume they were flying to the state. DC, the District, the City, downtown, etc.

Usually when someone says, "So, you're from Washington?" I know I've ventured too far South or West and the conversation is about to take an awkward turn.

Online imref

« Reply #16: March 29, 2022, 07:07:39 PM »
? I'm not sure I have never heard a local call the city Washington. If someone here said, "I'm going to Washington tomorrow" I'd assume they were flying to the state. DC, the District, the City, downtown, etc.

Usually when someone says, "So, you're from Washington?" I know I've ventured too far South or West and the conversation is about to take an awkward turn.

:hysterical:

Online Five Banners

« Reply #17: March 29, 2022, 07:14:28 PM »

In decades in this area on both sides have the river,  I seem to recall numerous people — whether they were from here, relocated here, or visiting — using the term Washington in the singular while referencing the city, and when they were talking about the state, they often specified Washington state.

This is especially as the news generally references just “Washington“ at the end of untold stories – – even at the Pentagon (where it even says just “Washington“ on the news podium despite being in Arlington), and when they would change that to refer to the state by name, it stands to reason that they would often tend to specify ‘Washington state’.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #18: March 29, 2022, 08:34:08 PM »
I actually like them.

I know I'll be buying a shirtzey for my daughter, wife, and daughter in law. They all love it.

Offline rileyn

« Reply #19: March 30, 2022, 07:18:44 AM »
They are fine. 

Online HalfSmokes

« Reply #20: March 30, 2022, 07:27:51 AM »
My wife and daughter both want the hats. I could see the pattern being somewhat popular

Offline Vega

• Party’s Over
« Reply #21: March 30, 2022, 08:24:01 AM »
Not a huge fan of the floral print being splattered across the whole uniform, but it’s pretty okay.

Offline English Natsie

• It's baseball, Jim, but not as we know it...
« Reply #22: March 30, 2022, 08:37:43 AM »
It may be just me, but 'WSH' always looks and sounds like an airport baggage code... ;)

Online HalfSmokes

« Reply #23: March 30, 2022, 08:56:06 AM »
It may be just me, but 'WSH' always looks and sounds like an airport baggage code... ;)

Maybe DCA is the next logo

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24: March 30, 2022, 09:21:21 AM »
WSH sounds like the Sunshine Squad's view of the roster.  Or perhaps that's death WSH and the Legion of Doom.