Author Topic: Roster moves - 2022  (Read 14781 times)

Offline Elvir Ovcina

Re: Roster moves - 2022
« Reply #100: April 20, 2022, 09:31:47 PM »
Why do you think no contenders took a chance on Clippard?  If he does well several teams will be upset they did not.

I would like to see/hear some report on how he is pitching in addition to stats?  Same or near same velocity?  Change-up effective?  His numbers last year were down from the previous couple years where he pitched very well. 

He will be called up sometime soon I am sure--best case is he pitches well and they can trade him July.

He's a 37 year old righty reliever who doesn't throw hard anymore.  I'm not arguing he's some messiah, but Clippard at 50 might be a better pitcher than Sam Clay will ever be.  Sam Clay looks at Matt Grace and thinks "Damn, dude's got some filthy stuff."

And if I'm sitting there in the stands I see Clippard (if he looks anything like he did last season) I'm thinking "hey, dude's lost a lot of his fastball and can still actually pitch.  Interesting."  With Clay I'm sitting there pissed off because seats in AA are much cheaper, the players are at least as good, and the games don't take 4 hours.  Clay brings me back to the Jason Bergmann years of guys who can't even pitch to MLB hitters in video games where they play as Pedro Martinez and put it on easy mode.