Author Topic: Favorite Nationals Game You've Attended  (Read 1740 times)

Offline Senatorswin

Favorite Nationals Game You've Attended
« Topic Start: March 16, 2022, 12:16:23 PM »
What is the favorite Nationals game you've attended. Mine was the 2019 wild card game when they came back late against Josh Hader and went on to win the World Series.

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
Re: Favorite Nationals Game You've Attended
« Reply #1: March 16, 2022, 12:19:52 PM »
Game 4 of the NLCS because I really really hate StL

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #2: March 16, 2022, 12:20:13 PM »
father's day zimm walk-off.

Offline Five Banners

« Reply #3: March 16, 2022, 12:23:16 PM »
 Going with a non-2019 playoff run one, one that came to mind was a game against the Giants at RFK where the Nats were leading, Bonds came up with a chance to do some damage, but they shut him down and the Nats held on.

Offline zimm_da_kid

• The one true ace
« Reply #4: March 16, 2022, 12:31:46 PM »
Either the werth walk off or JZimms no-no

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
« Reply #5: March 16, 2022, 12:37:19 PM »
The WNFF meet n greets-since those are the only games I've attended :lol:

Offline Senatorswin

« Reply #6: March 16, 2022, 12:56:07 PM »
Either the werth walk off or JZimms no-no

The redskins were playing the Sunday of JZimms no-no. It was the last regular game of the season for the Nats. My son wanted to go so we went. Glad we did. That was a lot of fun.

Offline Senatorswin

« Reply #7: March 16, 2022, 12:56:50 PM »
The WNFF meet n greets-since those are the only games I've attended :lol:

LOL. Nice.

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
« Reply #8: March 16, 2022, 01:01:08 PM »
JZ no hitter

Offline Senatorswin

« Reply #9: March 16, 2022, 01:03:12 PM »
There were a couple of games at RFK where the games were delayed for a long time and they started about midnight. One of those games my son and I decided to go down there about midnight and when we went to the ticket window the guy said just give me five bucks and sit where you want. Nobody was there. It ended about 2 or 3 in the morning. The catcher (can't remember his name) flipped my son a ball as he came in to the dugout from getting the third out. They stunk in those days but good times.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #10: March 16, 2022, 02:10:28 PM »
Strasmas is way up there.  OD 2008.  But for the game itself, the one I will laugh at the most is 9/3/19 vs. the Mets.  OF course I left after the top of the 9th.

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2022
« Reply #11: March 16, 2022, 02:34:23 PM »
A rookie season Stephen Strasburg start is my favorite start-to-finish game I've attended. I've been to playoff and World Series games, but that game stands apart.

Best "moment" was Jayson Werth walkoff. But that was an overall cold and miserable night.

Offline Elvir Ovcina

« Reply #12: March 16, 2022, 02:53:30 PM »
Strasmas, Zimmermann no-hitter, and one random one at RFK against the Mets played in a near-monsoon to the point of comedy. 

I think it was this one: https://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/WAS/WAS200504300.shtml.  It ended when Mike DeJean came in from the bullpen, nearly fell on his ass after one warm-up pitch, yelled at the home plate umpire while pointing at the mound, and just walked off. 

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13: March 16, 2022, 02:55:18 PM »
A rookie season Stephen Strasburg start is my favorite start-to-finish game I've attended. I've been to playoff and World Series games, but that game stands apart.

Best "moment" was Jayson Werth walkoff. But that was an overall cold and miserable night.
  :minigunz:  What about the visit to Wrigley?

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
« Reply #14: March 16, 2022, 06:22:51 PM »
Wil Nieves walk off home run at Nationals Park - April 25, 2008 😎

Offline Count Walewski

« Reply #15: March 16, 2022, 07:47:43 PM »
Two stand out from the pack:

(1) 2019 NL Wildcard Game was one of the most intense sports attendance experiences of my life. That was easily a big time college football level crowd.
(2) JZ no-hitter. I paid like $8 for my ticket, arguably one of the best deals I've ever gotten!

Others that come to mind:

(3) I was at the NLDS game in Washington that they won in 2012 on the Jayson Werth walk-off. Until 2019, that game was considered a big deal.
(4) I was at 2012 NLDS Game 5, which until 2019 was also considered a big deal. It was my third date with the woman who is now my wife.
(5) There was a regular season game in 2012 where the Nats were trailing and there was an hour long rain delay between the top of the 9th inning and the bottom of the 9th inning. The Nats walked it off in the bottom of the 9th, I think Jayson Werth was involved again. It was a great experience because only hardcore fans were left in the ballpark to see the end. I chatted with a bunch of people during the rain delay and it was my first time hearing Nationals fans talking about their playoff ticket plans.

I was also at NLDS Game 3 in 2019 but it was actually kind of boring. I watched Game 2 of the World Series at Nats Park on the big screen (game was in Houston) but won't count that.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16: March 16, 2022, 08:34:46 PM »
Wil Nieves walk off home run at Nationals Park - April 25, 2008 😎
who?

Offline Five Banners

« Reply #17: March 16, 2022, 10:03:01 PM »
The redskins were playing the Sunday of JZimms no-no. It was the last regular game of the season for the Nats. My son wanted to go so we went. Glad we did. That was a lot of fun.

That was a great one, was standing at an angle where it looked like Souza was running right towards us

Offline Five Banners

« Reply #18: March 16, 2022, 10:05:52 PM »
There were a couple of games at RFK where the games were delayed for a long time and they started about midnight. One of those games my son and I decided to go down there about midnight and when we went to the ticket window the guy said just give me five bucks and sit where you want. Nobody was there. It ended about 2 or 3 in the morning. The catcher (can't remember his name) flipped my son a ball as he came in to the dugout from getting the third out. They stunk in those days but good times.

Nice. Had a few of those with Nats Park. Found out one time that one of the buildings on M Street with parking underneath did not stay open until half an hour after the last out like they had said, which called for some creative extrication for those of us that remained

Offline GNatsNoMore

« Reply #19: March 16, 2022, 10:45:22 PM »
Game 4 of the NLCS because I really really hate StL
Game 3 of the NLCS because it's the only playoff game I've ever attended, we won decisively, and I too really, really dislike St Louis.

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #20: March 16, 2022, 10:56:03 PM »
Probably this one. https://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/KCA/KCA201605040.shtml

Though my first game at Nats Park last summer was pretty cool, even though the game itself was a clunker.

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #21: March 17, 2022, 08:06:19 AM »
Sadly, I've been able to attend only a few games since 2012, so I haven't seen many of the major franchise highlights.  Still, I saw some fun bright spots during the dark times, and this ranks up there as one of my absolute favorites:

https://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/WAS/WAS201005230.shtml

Also had a blast at a home game vs. the Braves in late 2012 (I think September), in part because the Nats whooped their ass and opened up the division lead even more, and also because I got really hammered. :lol:

Offline HondoKillebrew

« Reply #22: March 17, 2022, 08:41:36 AM »
Difficult to say.  I've attended many of the games cited by others, Zimm walk offs, Werth HR game, 2019 wildcard, etc., but the special feeling of being at RFK for the home opener for the return of MLB to DC after 34 years is hard to beat. 

Online Natsinpwc

« Reply #23: March 17, 2022, 09:13:58 AM »
1. Werthquake game.
2. Strasmus.
3  Opening game at Nats Park.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24: March 17, 2022, 09:31:02 AM »
Probably this one. https://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/KCA/KCA201605040.shtml

Though my first game at Nats Park last summer was pretty cool, even though the game itself was a clunker.
wow.  I had forgotten that Clint Robinson had been a useful piece the prior year.  Looks like he had one of his best games of his career that day.  Prime Murphy, too.