Author Topic: The 2022 injuries thread  (Read 10103 times)

Offline welch

• The Sweetest Right Handed Swing in 1950s Baseball
Re: The 2022 injuries thread
« Reply #175: July 04, 2022, 12:18:36 PM »
Tetrault to the IL, says Bob C.

And Zuck says it's a stress fracture: https://www.masnsports.com/blog/soto-day-to-day-with-tight-calf-tetreault-lands-on-il

(Soto's MRI is clean)

Tetreault lands on IL
Jackson Tetreault was placed on the 15-day injured list this morning with a stress fracture of his right scapula, a frustrating development for the rookie who had turned some heads in his first few weeks in the big leagues.

Tetreault said he felt some discomfort in the back of his shoulder as he warmed up for Saturday’s start but was able to proceed and pitch as scheduled. He struggled with command, though, consistently yanking his fastball to his glove side and missing the strike zone outside to right-handed hitters.

After the game, Tetreault said he had trouble lifting his arm, at which point he realized he needed to notify the Nationals training staff. He underwent an MRI, which revealed the stress fracture.

“I think it’s probably something that’s been lingering for a little while now,” he said. “I’m just looking forward to coming back strong and healthy and believing I’ll be better when I’m fully healthy.”

The Nationals, for now, are using Tetreault’s roster spot on an extra reliever and called up right-hander Jordan Weems. They’ll need another starter by Thursday in Philadelphia, though, and will have to decide who to summon for that assignment.

Veteran Aníbal Sánchez likely won’t be ready to come off the IL, having just made his second rehab start for Triple-A Rochester on Sunday. Left-hander Josh Rogers said he’s scheduled to make his second rehab start Wednesday, this time for Double-A Harrisburg, though he admitted those plans could change.

Joan Adon, who spent the season’s first two-plus months in the Nats rotation before getting demoted to Rochester, would be another option. It’s possible the club could consider promoting top prospect Cade Cavalli, but general manager Mike Rizzo has consistently suggested the right-hander needs to show more consistency at Triple-A before getting called up.