Author Topic: NFL 2022-23  (Read 13087 times)

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
Re: NFL 2022-23
« Reply #675: February 13, 2023, 06:08:02 PM »

If the Chiefs kick a field goal with roughly 1-2 minutes left on the clock and the Eagles get a chance at a game-winning drive, that potentially becomes an easy top ten Super Bowl, possibly top five depending on the drama at the very end.

I'll go further. I'm absolutely convinced that the Eagles were either winning it with a TD or were at least getting a shot at the tying field goal.  Hurts was unstoppable except when Philly got conservative (or he fumbled).  He would have gotten the ball with 1:30 left and 2 timeouts.  It's why they tried to let the Chiefs score after the hold, only to have the guy dive down on the 1.  It's almost 40 years ago, but this one reminded me of Flutie (BC) vs. Kosar (U of Miami) and the Miracle in Miami. Flutie  went up to Bicknell his coach and said to let Miami score so he'd get the ball back with enough time.  Bicknell said they couldn't do that, so Miami ate up almost all the clock before scoring.  They still left Flutie about 20-30 seconds and he pulled it off with the Hail Mary / Flood Tip.