Author Topic: NFL 2022-23  (Read 12259 times)

Offline UMDNats

Re: NFL 2022-23
« Reply #175: October 26, 2022, 11:43:39 AM »
Utterly predictable outcomes and 99.9% of teams being totally irrelevant? Iowa is interesting in a can’t look away fashion, so there is that

yeah i mean i can just easily ignore iowa games and instead watch bama-tennessee, which was infinitely better than any NFL game so far this year. penn state-purdue in week 1 was better.

i can turn on a random CFB game and enjoy it more than most NFL games if i disregard gambling/fantasy. i mean MNF is unwatchable most weeks. Thursday nights are so bad al and kirk joke about it.

scoring in the NFL is down, injuries are up, there's only a few teams that i even care to watch. CFB has more chaos, atmosphere, more stakes, too.

in the NFL, what matters is who wins. in CFB, what matters is who LOSES. it's 10x funnier when teams like A&M, penn state, Michigan, Oklahoma, etc. fall apart and get upset. when a team randomly beats the bills it's like "alright well that doesn't really change anything at all for anyone anywhere"

then again who can deny the greatness that is the Bucs-Panthers with the corpse of Tom Brady losing to an XFL quarterback, or the Atlanta Falcons running the clock out in the third quarter down 21-0. Incredible!