Author Topic: Washington Commanders? Really? Thread (2022)  (Read 12227 times)

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
Re: Washington Commanders? Really? Thread (2022)
« Reply #150: February 14, 2022, 09:51:23 AM »

It isnt like it will be any better than Snyder.
well, maybe a human will buy it, perhaps even one with the normal range of morality and judgment.

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
« Reply #151: February 14, 2022, 10:00:49 AM »
well, maybe a human will buy it, perhaps even one with the normal range of morality and judgment.
Did I miss where owners are no longer required to have 10 figures worth of equity to buy an NFL team?

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #152: February 14, 2022, 10:08:29 AM »
Did I miss where owners are no longer required to have 10 figures worth of equity to buy an NFL team?
well, normal range of morality for a billionaire. 

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
« Reply #153: February 14, 2022, 10:21:02 AM »
well, normal range of morality for a billionaire. 
Best I can do is Jeff Bezos

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #156: February 14, 2022, 01:21:16 PM »
Can Fitzpatrick stick around to show him the places to go on Sundays when you aren’t playing?

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2024
« Reply #157: February 14, 2022, 01:50:10 PM »
New QB?
He would fit right in.

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-colts-will-probably-trade-or-release-carson-wentz-193435164.html
They just gave up a 1st round pick to the Eagles for a season of work from him. If they weren't ready to commit to him multiple seasons, they could have found some space filler like Jacoby Brissett or Tyrod Taylor to come in and carry them competently for a bridge season at no cost but money.

Moments like that are comforting. Reminds me lots of incompetent moves across the NFL, not only in Washington.

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #158: February 14, 2022, 01:53:23 PM »
They just gave up a 1st round pick to the Eagles for a season of work from him. If they weren't ready to commit to him multiple seasons, they could have found some space filler like Jacoby Brissett or Tyrod Taylor to come in and carry them competently for a bridge season at no cost but money.

Moments like that are comforting. Reminds me lots of incompetent moves across the NFL, not only in Washington.
they even had Briskett, I mean Bris-kit, or whatever.

Offline 1995hoo

« Reply #159: February 14, 2022, 02:26:00 PM »
Try this quiz from Sporcle. It's surprisingly difficult. I got 100%, but the average score is 30%.

Name all Washington starting QBs since 1999.

Offline imref

« Reply #160: February 14, 2022, 03:37:55 PM »
Try this quiz from Sporcle. It's surprisingly difficult. I got 100%, but the average score is 30%.

Name all Washington starting QBs since 1999.

The Green Bay one was much easier.

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #161: February 16, 2022, 07:23:08 AM »
Snyder is leaving Maryland for Virginia

https://www.fox5dc.com/news/dan-snyder-buys-most-expensive-house-in-dc-area-real-estate-history

Everyone around here was wondering who would buy that monstrosity, now we know.

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #162: February 16, 2022, 09:14:52 AM »

https://www.fox5dc.com/news/dan-snyder-buys-most-expensive-house-in-dc-area-real-estate-history

great.  now I know where to wiz when I'm on the Mt Vernon Trail. 

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #163: February 16, 2022, 09:26:39 AM »
great.  now I know where to wiz when I'm on the Mt Vernon Trail. 

That's a section were the trail jumps to the other side of the parkway. If you want to wiz there, you'll need to do it via paddle board

Offline Five Banners

« Reply #164: February 16, 2022, 10:01:31 AM »

Good, that settles where they can play, in his backyard

Offline imref

« Reply #165: February 16, 2022, 10:06:56 AM »
How many trees will he need to cut down?

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #166: February 16, 2022, 10:11:18 AM »
How many trees will he need to cut down?

Mt Vernon Ladies Association protects that shore line. I'd defy the parks service 100 times before I'd cross them

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #167: February 16, 2022, 10:16:19 AM »
That's a section were the trail jumps to the other side of the parkway. If you want to wiz there, you'll need to do it via paddle board
I'd cross the highway and accidentally empty a bottle.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #168: February 16, 2022, 05:55:48 PM »
I apologize to Virgina on behalf of Maryland.

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #169: February 16, 2022, 07:15:28 PM »

I grew up less than 5 minutes away from there. I had no idea that there was a mansion in that area. I wonder if it floods when the Potomac River rises from heavy rains. I recall seeing a piece of a railroad track on that side of the road, just about near the entrance to that area, when I was a kid. There was some kind of small overhead cover. Maybe that was part on an old railroad siding.

At least one large red fox with little foxes roams that general area. That thing killed every squirrel, chipmunks, and other creatures that had been seen at my family's house. Most of those houses were built on two lots. Many were sold, torn down and turned into two houses, including ours.

The closest grocery store is probably the smallest Safeway store you will see in the DC area. There was originally an Acme Supermarket in the adjacent shopping center, which is now a Rite-Aid.

To get to more shopping nearby, Snyder's servants will drive through Gum Springs, an historic black neighborhood largely built by a former slave of George Washington.

https://issuu.com/hhvca/docs/hollin_hall_village_history_booklet

Snyder's new home:

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #170: February 16, 2022, 08:32:45 PM »
I grew up less than 5 minutes away from there. I had no idea that there was a mansion in that area. I wonder if it floods when the Potomac River rises from heavy rains. I recall seeing a piece of a railroad track on that side of the road, just about near the entrance to that area, when I was a kid. There was some kind of small overhead cover. Maybe that was part on an old railroad siding.

At least one large red fox with little foxes roams that general area. That thing killed every squirrel, chipmunks, and other creatures that had been seen at my family's house. Most of those houses were built on two lots. Many were sold, torn down and turned into two houses, including ours.

The closest grocery store is probably the smallest Safeway store you will see in the DC area. There was originally an Acme Supermarket in the adjacent shopping center, which is now a Rite-Aid.

To get to more shopping nearby, Snyder's servants will drive through Gum Springs, an historic black neighborhood largely built by a former slave of George Washington.

https://issuu.com/hhvca/docs/hollin_hall_village_history_booklet

Snyder's new home:
(Image removed from quote.)

I just moved out of Hollin Hall, thanks for that link

Offline imref

« Reply #172: February 25, 2022, 10:49:29 AM »
exurbs it is. My bet is on Dumfries so that Dan can boat back and forth to the games.

https://www.wusa9.com/article/sports/nfl/washington-commanders/where-will-new-washington-commanders-stadium-be-built-washington-football-stadium-plans-sneak-peek/65-40e4bcac-ea32-4be0-af86-0f34133e49a7?fbclid=IwAR1c2QGOg7An7p8iHQKF38e7iKmguvwo6CJw8kf0k06SHSiA6Hzlvi3t19E

The Sterling-Loudoun site is in an area that has had tremendous growth in data centers and residential housing in recent years. I assume they'd run shuttle busses to the nearest silver line Metro, but it just seems like an awful spot for a stadium. I would have assumed they'd put it out Route 7 near One Loudoun.

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #173: February 25, 2022, 10:53:13 AM »
exurbs it is. My bet is on Dumfries so that Dan can boat back and forth to the games.

Oh, to have a slightly used WWII-era Japanese mini-sub berthed in Woodbridge if he does.

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #174: February 25, 2022, 11:03:57 AM »
The Sterling-Loudoun site is in an area that has had tremendous growth in data centers and residential housing in recent years. I assume they'd run shuttle busses to the nearest silver line Metro, but it just seems like an awful spot for a stadium. I would have assumed they'd put it out Route 7 near One Loudoun.

I think Rt 7 is a combination of too expensive to buy the land and existing residents with enough money and local power to force it elsewhere.