Author Topic: Washington Commanders? Really? Thread (2022)  (Read 11437 times)

Offline HalfSmokes

I think there are arguably better uses for the RFK landplot than a new Commanders stadium. But short of the NFL doing a push to get that spot, I just don't think any other cause will make effective use of the land.

I'd love to see a large development of affordable housing and neighborhood services where RFK is. But I don't think it will happen. I do think if the NFL got a hold of the area, it could take off in a hurry. I'd love to grab a beer on H Street and take a trolley to the park. Also a very well placed metro stop already there.

If DC doesn't make a play for the Commanders, they better have a damn good plan for that area so an opportunity isn't missed in a case of perfect being the enemy of the good.

All that to say, if Virginia makes a huge bid toward attracting the team to NoVa, I think DC taxpayers will survive missing on the stadium.

Do you think the neighbors want the neighborhood to take off? Anything convenient in NOVA appears to be off the table, right now, it looks like Prince William or Loudon are the only places willing to take it.