Author Topic: New TV Color Commentator - Kevin Frandsen  (Read 4354 times)

Online Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2024
New TV Color Commentator - Kevin Frandsen
« Topic Start: January 20, 2022, 12:19:13 PM »
I don't remember much of his one year in DC, but I remember liking him as a player and liking a couple of his interviews.

He has some experience broadcasting fort the Phillies. I'll know he has done a good job if in a couple years I have a very limited opinion on him.

Offline HondoKillebrew

Re: New TV Color Commentator - Kevin Frandsen
« Reply #1: January 20, 2022, 12:19:53 PM »
Looking forward to it. 

Offline rileyn

« Reply #2: January 20, 2022, 12:21:02 PM »
FP Lite?

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #3: January 20, 2022, 12:32:18 PM »
"THERE IS NO WRONG PIPE!!"

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #4: January 20, 2022, 12:44:45 PM »
Have listened to him on the radio as he does some of the Phillies games when Larry Anderson is too cranky to appear.  They initially had him and Kevin Stocker and Frandsen won the competition.

Offline Natsinpwc

Offline catocony

« Reply #6: January 20, 2022, 01:04:57 PM »
I look forward to seeing how he does, and I think it's going to work out. 

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #7: January 20, 2022, 01:07:15 PM »
Wasn't he on the Philly broadcast?

Online Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2024
« Reply #8: January 20, 2022, 01:13:13 PM »
Wasn't he on the Philly broadcast?
Yes.

We have a history of announcers who were seemingly cheering for the wrong jersey.

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #9: January 20, 2022, 01:21:13 PM »
Yes.

We have a history of announcers who were seemingly cheering for the wrong jersey.
He didn’t play very long for the Phillies or the Nats. He really had a similar career to FP. He won’t be the color version of Carp.

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #10: January 20, 2022, 01:26:55 PM »
Here are Frandsen’s career stats. Most time with the Giants.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/players/f/frandke01.shtml

Offline catocony

« Reply #11: January 20, 2022, 01:40:52 PM »
It looks like Kolko will be the primary fill-in at both spots.  I hope that Jaegler gets some slots as well.

Offline RobDibblesGhost

« Reply #12: January 20, 2022, 04:27:08 PM »
This is a decent choice. Frandsen has done some hosting on SiriusXM’s MLB channel and he’s solid.

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
« Reply #13: January 20, 2022, 10:08:53 PM »
Yawn

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #14: January 20, 2022, 10:51:20 PM »
I’ll give him a chance. But with MLB.tv, and the option to listen to the radio feed over the broadcast cast, I don’t really expect to choose it over C&D.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #15: January 21, 2022, 08:41:46 AM »
I’ll give him a chance. But with MLB.tv, and the option to listen to the radio feed over the broadcast cast, I don’t really expect to choose it over C&D.
that FG announce link above really is dramatic in terms of how folks think of Bob and FP vs Charlie and Dave.  Funny thing is, I did not mind the TV guys.  I sort of want them to be in the background when I watch and not be the stars.  IT wasn't Orsillo and Remy in their prime, but I could live with it.  I'll be curious as to what Frandsen brings to the broadcast that FP didn't. At least, a new set of stories and maybe some insights into playing with some of the local (not Montreal) legends. Got to have some Werth stories, Harper, Face, young Rendon, prime Desi, hairy Espinosa, playing for the big intern . . . I have to believe that will be more relatable for DC fans.

Offline Count Walewski

« Reply #16: January 24, 2022, 11:02:59 AM »
The name seems familiar but I struggle to think of a single memory of Frandsen on that otherwise pretty memorable 2014 team, one that I was certain would go deep into the postseason. Ah well - here's to making new Kevin Frandsen memories as he hopefully calls or provides commentary on important moments from future Nats seasons!

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #17: January 24, 2022, 11:15:26 AM »
He really only had one memorable moment as far as I can recall that year. He was a role player. But made a pretty nice career out of it.

Offline nfotiu

« Reply #18: January 24, 2022, 12:36:31 PM »
The name seems familiar but I struggle to think of a single memory of Frandsen on that otherwise pretty memorable 2014 team, one that I was certain would go deep into the postseason. Ah well - here's to making new Kevin Frandsen memories as he hopefully calls or provides commentary on important moments from future Nats seasons!
I was racking my brain too.  I watched pretty much every game that year, and I feel disappointed in myself that I can't remember a guy who had over 200 plate appearances that year.

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
« Reply #19: January 24, 2022, 03:42:40 PM »
It looks like Kolko will be the primary fill-in at both spots.  I hope that Jaegler gets some slots as well.

Don't break up the Slowes/Jageler radio partnership though - they're the best commentators covering the Nats.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #20: January 25, 2022, 07:43:43 PM »
Yup.

Plus, I'm making a concerted effort this year to listen more, watch less.

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #21: January 25, 2022, 09:01:57 PM »
That's the beauty of MLB.TV. You can do both! (At least for those of us out of market...)

Offline RobDibblesGhost

« Reply #22: March 19, 2022, 08:28:34 PM »
So even though most networks are sending their broadcasters to road games this season, MASN is continuing with the remote broadcasts. Shocker. Sounds liked Charlie and Dave will be traveling with the team though. Orioles radio will be remote, making them the only team with no broadcasters on road trips.

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
« Reply #23: March 21, 2022, 09:44:12 PM »
So even though most networks are sending their broadcasters to road games this season, MASN is continuing with the remote broadcasts. Shocker. Sounds liked Charlie and Dave will be traveling with the team though. Orioles radio will be remote, making them the only team with no broadcasters on road trips.
Such bull  >:(

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #24: March 21, 2022, 10:19:53 PM »
No one should have to watch the BLOS up close. Not even their announcers.