Author Topic: MLB Network Fires Rosenthal  (Read 452 times)

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
Re: MLB Network Fires Rosenthal
« Reply #1: January 04, 2022, 12:44:52 AM »
His contract wasn’t renewed, not quite as harsh as a firing no?

Offline Mattionals

« Reply #2: January 04, 2022, 09:36:51 AM »

Ask Dusty.

For honest though, MLB Network is showing EXACTLY who pays the bills. It's the Manfred TV network, so don't say anything bad about the almighty one and you will be safe. Shoot something across the bow and expect to have your battleship sunk. For Rosenthal, he will catch on somewhere else and will continue to hold his clout.

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #3: January 04, 2022, 10:00:11 AM »
That’s all of the league controlled networks and, to a lesser degree, all of the networks beholden to leagues for content

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
« Reply #4: January 04, 2022, 10:29:16 AM »

Ask Dusty.

For honest though, MLB Network is showing EXACTLY who pays the bills. It's the Manfred TV network, so don't say anything bad about the almighty one and you will be safe. Shoot something across the bow and expect to have your battleship sunk. For Rosenthal, he will catch on somewhere else and will continue to hold his clout.
He still works for the Atlantic and Fox Sports, he's fine.

Offline Mattionals

« Reply #5: January 04, 2022, 10:40:44 AM »
He still works for the Atlantic and Fox Sports, he's fine.

Totally forgot he was employed elsewhere as well. Yea, if he wants a third gig, he can easily get one. This isn't a case where he was out of line in public eye, just knocked his employer, lol.

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #6: January 04, 2022, 10:46:52 AM »
i mean MLB network is owned by MLB. pretty sure if rappoport started bashing goodell he'd be off NFL network

rosenthal is pretty great and tries to be a capital J journo which is rare in the major breaking news reporter business. schefter is not a journalist, jay glazer is not, those guys don't even pretend to be anymore. i like rosenthal a lot.

luckily now we'll get more Heyman on MLB network so he can shill for boras

Offline Mattionals

« Reply #7: January 04, 2022, 10:51:10 AM »
i mean MLB network is owned by MLB. pretty sure if rappoport started bashing goodell he'd be off NFL network

rosenthal is pretty great and tries to be a capital J journo which is rare in the major breaking news reporter business. schefter is not a journalist, jay glazer is not, those guys don't even pretend to be anymore. i like rosenthal a lot.

Gammons, Rosenthal, and Stark have always been my go to favorite journalists. I also really like Janes. As far as the "new generation" of writers has become, she seems to deliver the best.

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #8: January 04, 2022, 11:01:17 AM »

Well, FP is looking for work.

Offline rileyn

« Reply #10: January 05, 2022, 07:44:25 AM »
Kurkjian, Justice, Kolko.  That's the list.

Offline machpost

« Reply #11: January 05, 2022, 08:35:32 AM »
Well, FP is looking for work.
I think he has something lined up already, but hasn't announced it yet.

Offline sixthree175

• Born in 1961
« Reply #12: January 06, 2022, 02:05:57 AM »

Gammons, Rosenthal, and Stark have always been my go to favorite journalists. I also really like Janes. As far as the "new generation" of writers has become, she seems to deliver the best.
Stark is a likable dude, but I'm totally distracted by the dead animal on top of his head.

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #13: January 06, 2022, 10:43:20 AM »
perhaps but Rosenthal is the best in the biz. Not retaining him, however it happened is a pretty petty move if the given reason for it is true.