Author Topic: 2022 Lockout Bonanza  (Read 302 times)

Offline RyanZimsKazoo

• Ryan Zimmerman is passionate about baseball...
2022 Lockout Bonanza
« Topic Start: December 02, 2021, 12:18:39 AM »
I guess we don’t have to worry for the time being….given MLB is in a work stoppage for the first time since 1994.

So if we have no season will the Lerners reload for 2023? Surely Strasburgs arm won’t be completely dead by then right?

Offline English Natsie

• It's baseball, Jim, but not as we know it...
Re: 2022 Lockout Bonanza
« Reply #1: December 02, 2021, 04:00:02 AM »
This may be a rather arcane issue, but where does this this leave attendance at events such as 'Enchant'? Would attending mean effectively demonstrating support for the Club over the players?

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #2: December 02, 2021, 08:53:09 AM »
This may be a rather arcane issue, but where does this this leave attendance at events such as 'Enchant'? Would attending mean effectively demonstrating support for the Club over the players?
Interesting question.  In the US, typically the issue of picking sides in a labor / management dispute only comes up when the labor group takes a specific action, like setting up a picket line at the entrance of the facility or otherwise calls for some sort of boycott.  MLBPA and the Nats players have not done so.  I don't know if holding this type of community event is some sort of commitment the ownership group made to the city when the city built the stadium.  In any event, it is a non-issue here.  No one wants to be seen as the bad actor shutting down a family event.  It might be more of an issue if this continues all of next year.  Sir Elton has a concert scheduled, and I think with musicians there's probably more pressure to make a demonstration of support.  There is would be going to work at the site rather than being just an attendee.

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #3: December 02, 2021, 09:35:53 AM »
Interesting question.  In the US, typically the issue of picking sides in a labor / management dispute only comes up when the labor group takes a specific action, like setting up a picket line at the entrance of the facility or otherwise calls for some sort of boycott.  MLBPA and the Nats players have not done so.  I don't know if holding this type of community event is some sort of commitment the ownership group made to the city when the city built the stadium.  In any event, it is a non-issue here.  No one wants to be seen as the bad actor shutting down a family event.  It might be more of an issue if this continues all of next year.  Sir Elton has a concert scheduled, and I think with musicians there's probably more pressure to make a demonstration of support.  There is would be going to work at the site rather than being just an attendee.

Also...the District owns Nats Park...