Author Topic: So long F.P. - Who's next?  (Read 3260 times)

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
So long F.P. - Who's next?
« Topic Start: November 03, 2021, 01:36:48 PM »
Please don't let Justin Maxwell get this gig

For those of you on Twitter, he posted a long goodbye https://twitter.com/fightinhydrant

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
Re: So long F.P. - Who's next?
« Reply #1: November 03, 2021, 03:10:12 PM »
This is a result of the allegations against him, I assume?  Haven't kept up much this year.

Offline RobDibblesGhost

« Reply #2: November 03, 2021, 03:26:41 PM »
Paging VaRK…

Offline RobDibblesGhost

« Reply #3: November 03, 2021, 03:27:42 PM »

Offline imref

« Reply #4: November 03, 2021, 03:27:55 PM »
This is a result of the allegations against him, I assume?  Haven't kept up much this year.

I assume he had a bad taste in his mouth from the investigation and being booted off the air for a month.

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #5: November 03, 2021, 03:28:25 PM »
To his credit, the bruhiness got dialed way down after his supension. 

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #7: November 03, 2021, 04:31:10 PM »
To his credit, the bruhiness got dialed way down after his supension.
Dude is 54. Bout time.

Offline imref

« Reply #8: November 03, 2021, 04:46:48 PM »
the replacement seems pretty obvious, especially with the team rebuilding

:dibbs:

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #9: November 03, 2021, 04:51:25 PM »
He'd have plenty of material to work with...
the replacement seems pretty obvious, especially with the team rebuilding

:dibbs:

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
« Reply #10: November 03, 2021, 05:09:20 PM »
I assume he had a bad taste in his mouth from the investigation and being booted off the air for a month.
I sincerely doubt this was his decision.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #11: November 03, 2021, 05:13:01 PM »
Bring back Dibble so he can nag about how bad the team is, again!

Offline rileyn

« Reply #12: November 04, 2021, 05:55:30 AM »
I can't imagine a more unattractive product than listening to Justin Maxwell, while watching a 70 win team.  Please don't let that happen.  Morse would be even worse.

Offline RobDibblesGhost

« Reply #13: November 04, 2021, 08:34:22 AM »
On the other side of this, I’m shocked that Bob is back for at least two more seasons. I really thought he was checking out based on how much time he took off this past season (and they didn’t travel at all so he was home every night). Hard to believe he’s going to jump right back in, especially if they’re traveling again next season.

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #14: November 04, 2021, 08:38:10 AM »
I can't imagine a more unattractive product than listening to Justin Maxwell, while watching a 70 win team.  Please don't let that happen.  Morse would be even worse.
He will work cheap. And you will watch anyway. They know that.

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #15: November 04, 2021, 08:38:33 AM »
On the other side of this, I’m shocked that Bob is back for at least two more seasons. I really thought he was checking out based on how much time he took off this past season (and they didn’t travel at all so he was home every night). Hard to believe he’s going to jump right back in, especially if they’re traveling again next season.
Didn’t see that.  Yes. Surprising.

Offline nfotiu

« Reply #16: November 04, 2021, 08:59:04 AM »
Bad team, probably bad color commentator, NL DH, bullpenning....   I don't know if I'm just turning into a grumpy old man, but I am less enthusiastic for this baseball season than I have ever been.   Throw in a work stoppage, and I'm not sure baseball doesn't lose me as a long time fan.

Offline imref

« Reply #17: November 04, 2021, 09:20:13 AM »
Bad team, probably bad color commentator, NL DH, bullpenning....   I don't know if I'm just turning into a grumpy old man, but I am less enthusiastic for this baseball season than I have ever been.   Throw in a work stoppage, and I'm not sure baseball doesn't lose me as a long time fan.

well, there are always 5 hour playoff games to look forward to with other teams playing

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #18: November 04, 2021, 09:36:01 AM »

I pretty much checked out of baseball last summer and missed it a lot less than I expected.

Offline 1995hoo

« Reply #19: November 04, 2021, 09:52:32 AM »

That's a big "if." I note on Caps broadcasts Joe B and Locker are working from the studio, so who knows what MASN will do. I tend to think they're more inclined to cheap out than NBC Sports Washington, though—among other things, Joe B has mentioned how the Caps organization is very accommodating and allows them to fly on the team charter and other such things. I don't know whether that's true of the Nats as well.

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #20: November 04, 2021, 10:20:04 AM »
I pretty much checked out of baseball last summer and missed it a lot less than I expected.
Maybe the team could move to Montreal for a few years.  Then fans would appreciate more when they come back.

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #21: November 04, 2021, 10:21:08 AM »
I'd put my money on Bo Porter being the guy.

Offline hotshot

« Reply #22: November 04, 2021, 10:24:20 AM »
I mean, is Washington, DC a major media/sports market, or not? Judging by the overall quality of "sports radio" (to include team announcers/commentators) in the area, my answer would be "no." Even Bmore (a decidedly lesser media market) has had top guys like Jon Miller, Gary Thorne, etc).

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #23: November 04, 2021, 10:38:43 AM »

2019 was the end of the story for me.  We got robbed of a real celebration with the sham of a "season" they shoehorned into 2020, and by 2021 our win was old news.  Natinals forever, even when we're freaking WS champs :smh:

Combo that with "rebuilding" mode and it's easy to feel like baseball is yesterday's news.  Not in my 20s anymore, got a lot of other things to spend my time on these days.

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
« Reply #24: November 04, 2021, 10:47:35 AM »

The sticky stuff killed the sport for me this year. Not necessarily that they were DOING it, but how Manfred initially handed it by letting it continue. This was on top of the Astros getting off Scott free and continuing to go on runs. These owners learned nothing from the steroid era and I’m sick of it. Now starting pitchers are getting pulled after 70 pitches because of spreadsheets.

If I could watch the games without a VPN it would help. I go to a few games and have a blast. MLB does anything it can to ruin the sport.

I shut it all down this summer and watched college. MLB is simply not a good product compared to other baseball leagues.